Texas Hunting Forum

Public land advice

Posted By: King_Los5732

Public land advice - 02/01/19 10:20 AM

Wondering if anyone knows a good WMA or PHL that has plenty of hogs and varmints. New to hunting and live in San Marcos. I've done research in the booklet you get with the license but dont want to drive 3 or 4 hrs in my truck to find out there isnt any game at the area i go to. I hear the stalking part is fun, but I'd rather not waste gas if theres nothing to stalk crazy . If anyone has any recommendations of places they've had good success at, please let me know .

I've been wanting to check out Twin Buttes, I've heard mixed reviews on that area.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Public land advice - 02/01/19 04:38 PM

Not sure of area around San Marcos, & my ta go to place for hog hunts (OSBWMA), tis more than 3ta4 hours... if thar b a true hog problem, in area, WMA's can b a true hot spot for hog hunting due ta limited hunting pressure, usualy co-inside with other hunts, day light mainly... Hog hunting is big thing, 24-7-365 hunting on surrounding privite land & all the high-tech equipment used. Finding the hogs twas always the easy part, getting em out for grillen & chillen twas were the work began... take the Do-It-Yourself hunts any day action can b fast... Make sure ya wear your hunter orange, thar b some that are scared of hogs, & choot first & ask questions later... as pappy say's : " most dangerous thing in d woods tis the hunters caring a gun that b scared of hogs... " Stay Safe, Best wish's...

edit Twin Butts might b another Best Kept Secret for hog hunting like OSBWMA The floods chase more hogs off than hunters... Biggest problem with the hog hunting tis Big Bucks... Tis numero uno on d ignorance list here on texasHF...
flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum