Texas Hunting Forum

Big Lake Bottom WMA Archery

Posted By: WreakinHavoc

Big Lake Bottom WMA Archery - 09/12/18 11:30 PM

I received my notification today that I was selected for the Archery Hunt 11/2-11/11... Super stoked, this is my first time selected for a draw hunt.
Did anyone else get selected?
Has anyone ever hunted out there that will be willing to share some pointers.
Posted By: Unpredictable

Re: Big Lake Bottom WMA Archery - 09/13/18 12:50 AM

I got selected for the Archery hunt 11/16 to 11/25. This is my first time fr this hunt also.

Re: Big Lake Bottom WMA Archery - 09/13/18 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Unpredictable
I got selected for the Archery hunt 11/16 to 11/25. This is my first time fr this hunt also.

Do you know if we can scout prior to the dates?? I will be going solo, so I would like to go out there with someone and see the layout, etc... I just want to get a feel for the area. All the research I have read on it says it is a phenomenal piece of property and will see tons of game.
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Big Lake Bottom WMA Archery - 09/13/18 04:04 AM

Congratulations. We hunted it last year. Private property owners surrounding the property all had feeders going near the fences so we saw very little. Would recommend putting up a feeder and staying in the center of the property. Nice roads through the property so ATV not necessary. If you are going to camp get there early as there is not much space.
Posted By: Unpredictable

Re: Big Lake Bottom WMA Archery - 09/14/18 07:00 AM

Originally Posted By: WreakinHavoc

Do you know if we can scout prior to the dates?? I will be going solo, so I would like to go out there with someone and see the layout, etc... I just want to get a feel for the area. All the research I have read on it says it is a phenomenal piece of property and will see tons of game.

I'm not sure if you can scout it early or not. If we can we can scout it together.

Re: Big Lake Bottom WMA Archery - 09/16/18 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: WreakinHavoc

I'm not sure if you can scout it early or not. If we can we can scout it together.

Sounds good! I will give them a call sometime this week and see what they say...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum