Texas Hunting Forum

Youth hunt at Guadalupe River SP - Bauer Unit

Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Youth hunt at Guadalupe River SP - Bauer Unit - 08/20/18 02:39 PM

My daughter was selected for the Youth gun deer/either sex hunt in November at the Bauer unit of Guadalupe River State Park. Can anyone give me any info about this hunt? Deer blinds? Feeders? Any exotics?
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: Youth hunt at Guadalupe River SP - Bauer Unit - 08/20/18 04:15 PM

Plenty of axis, assigned blinds and you should be able to bait. I would suggest sitting as long as you can.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Youth hunt at Guadalupe River SP - Bauer Unit - 08/21/18 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By: NewJeep
Plenty of axis, assigned blinds and you should be able to bait. I would suggest sitting as long as you can.

We hunted the Honey Creek SA last year and stayed in Guadalupe River SP. The staff was great and helpful with the adult group so I feel sure you are in good hands with the Youth hunts. We were able to bait, plus they had feeders in our area. The Axis like Alfalfa hay I think. We used some Alfalfa cubes we bought at Atwoods only because it was in bags and easier to handle. Good luck.
Posted By: jhawkbear

Re: Youth hunt at Guadalupe River SP - Bauer Unit - 08/21/18 08:25 PM

My son hunted the Bauer Unit last year.
He was able to take an axis buck.
There were 4 kids there total. My kiddo took the axis, and I know of one other kid that killed 2 whitetail does. And another kid that saw an Audad, but didn't get a shot.
We had opportunities for a couple whitetail does (and one tiny buck), but didn't pull the trigger.
You can check out this thread that I did during the hunt over on the green screen.
Gudalupe River SP - Bauer Unit
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum