Texas Hunting Forum

Advice on Youth Antlerless Chap

Posted By: jonesy84

Advice on Youth Antlerless Chap - 09/12/17 02:54 PM

Son woke me up this morn and showed me he was selected in the 2nd draw for antlerless at chap! This is our 1st time applying and haven't hunted at any of the wmas except for ducks. Was just looking for any advice or pointers on this unit especially since it's the last date and will have been hunted a few times. Thanks
Posted By: Erny

Re: Advice on Youth Antlerless Chap - 09/12/17 04:02 PM

I have hunted the Chap several times for javalina and once for management deer and once archery deer. The Deer at the chap respond extreamly well to corn. They will usually be on the corn pretty quick. I don't think the fact it's the last hunt will have any impact, in fact I think they will respond to baiting even better. Have fun the Chap is a fun place to hunt.
Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: Advice on Youth Antlerless Chap - 09/13/17 01:04 PM

Anterless is going to be easy. I would use a popup and not one of their tower blinds. Plenty of hotel/motel rooms in Cotulla not being filled.
Posted By: Matagorda Mud Pig

Re: Advice on Youth Antlerless Chap - 09/14/17 01:28 PM

Here was our hunt last year. You are in for a treat.

https://andyoliverspencer.wordpress.com/2016/11/08/jelly-legs/
Posted By: jonesy84

Re: Advice on Youth Antlerless Chap - 09/15/17 04:16 AM

Thanks ya'll. Sounds like he's gonna have a blast!
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: Advice on Youth Antlerless Chap - 09/15/17 03:17 PM

It is a great place, very good staff and they put a lot of effort into the youth hunts. In years past they will prebait areas for youth hunts. This might of changed but the want all youth to be successful.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum