Texas Hunting Forum

Pat Mayes WMA

Posted By: slick_trickster84

Pat Mayes WMA - 05/02/17 08:34 PM

I've made the decision that this year I'll be hunting out at Pat Mayes WMA this coming deer season due to the fact that it's closer than any other pieces of public, and due to my scouting that I did during the winter months it seems like a very promising area to hunt due to all the deer sign that I came across. Figured I'd also ask if anyone else is going to be hunting out there next season I'd love to get to know others who are gonna be out there. Also I'd like to ask those who have hunted out there how there hunting experiences were out there?
Posted By: rickym

Re: Pat Mayes WMA - 05/04/17 10:17 PM

Hope your a bow hunter, otherwise its draw only.

Re: Pat Mayes WMA - 05/05/17 01:28 AM

Yes sir I'm a bow hunter!
Posted By: Bravo Foxtrot

Re: Pat Mayes WMA - 05/14/17 10:16 AM

I'm guessing I might have to trade one of my guns for a bow... all these restrictions on public land is crazy!

Re: Pat Mayes WMA - 05/16/17 03:43 AM

There are a lot, but still they provide some good hunting opportunities..I like the fact that most areas are just archery only. The challenge keeps me hooked
Posted By: BPurvisJr

Re: Pat Mayes WMA - 06/20/17 04:06 PM

i'll be out there this year
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Pat Mayes WMA - 06/20/17 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: slick_trickster84
There are a lot, but still they provide some good hunting opportunities..I like the fact that most areas are just archery only. The challenge keeps me hooked

cheers wete i lived & leases were on, had the archery hunt in Oct... Nov. Dec. any legal meens for deer & varing county, how many deer... We tried getting doe permit, it was buck only... confused2 not enough deer... Yet day ta day living, seen plenty...
Had seen the pay ta play with leasing before got on texasHF...
2cents i got cheap posts... flag
Posted By: Wildphilhickup

Re: Pat Mayes WMA - 06/21/17 01:24 PM

"Hope you're a bow hunter, otherwise its draw only."

Yes, the ONLY way to use a bow is to "DRAW" it.
Posted By: PublicLandFreaks

Re: Pat Mayes WMA - 06/21/17 09:26 PM

looking forward to putting some meat in the freezer this year from this place.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum