Texas Hunting Forum

Twin Buttes to be added to public hunting lands

Posted By: fishfree

Twin Buttes to be added to public hunting lands - 10/10/15 10:45 PM

I don't know if this has been posted here yet but Twin Buttes is to be added to the Texas public hunting lands program next year (I think next year).

This is per San Angelo Facebook loco page.

The property is, I believe, Federal but managed by the city parks dept. (some would say mis managed... there has been drama regarding hunting out there).

Those who hunt/fish or hike TB expect to need an APH next year.
Posted By: bhunter

Re: Twin Buttes to be added to public hunting lands - 10/20/15 05:30 PM

They did put up some new fencing and did do some clear cutting, maybe who knows for sure except to GOV......

PS
I would like to see the stop of the mudders out there tearing up the place and the party goers throwing their trash down.
Posted By: bhunter

Re: Twin Buttes to be added to public hunting lands - 10/20/15 05:45 PM

http://twinbuttessanangelo.blogspot.com/
Posted By: davidls430

Re: Twin Buttes to be added to public hunting lands - 10/20/15 07:57 PM

clap
Posted By: MarkE

Re: Twin Buttes to be added to public hunting lands - 10/26/15 09:22 PM

I hope they do make some positive changes. I live close by and enjoy going out there to dove hunt, shoot my bow, fish, take the dogs, ect. Some folks treat that place with complete disregard by leaving trash, tearing up the roads, as well as variety of other things that keep the police busy out there. I would be happy to buy a permit in order access the place. I know that would slow down the riff raff that frequents the area.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Twin Buttes to be added to public hunting lands - 10/26/15 10:09 PM

I killed a lot of quail out there when I was in college. I also drank a lot of beer out there on a few Friday nights. My roommate and I both had Brittany's and it was great cover to work the dogs in.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum