Texas Hunting Forum

Hunters Orange?

Posted By: Brandon82

Hunters Orange? - 09/20/15 09:44 PM

Do you have to wear orange on archery only wma's? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Hunters Orange? - 09/20/15 10:08 PM

No.
Posted By: Booner1

Re: Hunters Orange? - 09/20/15 10:52 PM

You do have to wear hunter orange on archery only WMA's if they have a open firearms season for squirrels like the Twak WMA does. The squirrel season opens Oct. 1st before bow season opens on the 3rd. It is on the page for prohibited acts in your Public Hunting Lands Booklet. Better familiarize yourself with the laws before you venture out, it will save you from a costly encounter with the GW.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hunters Orange? - 09/21/15 02:29 AM

scratch Its that new fancy camo these new age hunters wearen, people blend in too good... 99% of hunters can tell difference between an archer in stand & a squirrel even before taking hunters education...  Not saying its legal, i wear my hunter orange to & from tree stand... Got self cimber, climb above were gonna set up, wrap orange around the tree about head high, climb down a bit ... Other hunters can see it from a distance, & deer & hogs dont spook if ya moven... The orange is for hunters protection... Again not saying its legal... When back packing orange is covering pack pack.... Stay safe... flag
Posted By: Aghunt90

Re: Hunters Orange? - 09/21/15 06:12 PM

Hunted the Chap WMA and did not have to wear hunter orange.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hunters Orange? - 09/21/15 06:29 PM

welcome ta THF Aghunt90... Hmm, was it an archery only hunt? flag
Posted By: Booner1

Re: Hunters Orange? - 09/21/15 06:35 PM

I just know that it says in the Public Hunting Lands book that you must wear minimum required hunter orange for any WMA that has any type of open firearms season if you bow hunting during that open season.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Hunters Orange? - 09/21/15 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Booner1
Originally Posted By: Aghunt90

When you do compartment hunts that are assigned, you don't have to wear the orange. It's all in the public lands hunting booklet. Just trying to keep someone from getting a citation.

My son was drawn for a youth hunt on the Chap last year and we were required to wear orange vest and hat at a minimum.
Posted By: Bdontexoma

Re: Hunters Orange? - 09/22/15 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: kdkane1971
Originally Posted By: Booner1
Originally Posted By: Aghunt90

When you do compartment hunts that are assigned, you don't have to wear the orange. It's all in the public lands hunting booklet. Just trying to keep someone from getting a citation.

My son was drawn for a youth hunt on the Chap last year and we were required to wear orange vest and hat at a minimum.

Correct. Ive seen warnings written for no orange hat.
Posted By: Aghunt90

Re: Hunters Orange? - 09/22/15 03:32 PM

Yes it was archery only at the Chap. Sorry I didn't mention this in my initial post.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum