Texas Hunting Forum

Ducks @ Richland Creek

Posted By: Unc

Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/19/14 03:44 PM

What's the scoop with duck hunting public land at Richland Creek WMA? Going in a couple weeks.

Historically good for Ducks?
Draw?
Waders or boots?
How many decoys I need?
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/19/14 03:47 PM

If I was a public water hunter this forum would be a gold mine for new public spots to check out.

As for your question... I have no idea but I doubt you get much help. I could be wrong though.
Posted By: Unc

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/19/14 03:49 PM

Agreed. Not really looking for spots. Just some basic info so my friends don't carry a bunch of crap we don't need.
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/19/14 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Unc
What's the scoop with duck hunting public land at Richland Creek WMA? Going in a couple weeks.

Draw?
Waders or boots?
How many decoys I need?

Here's the scoop....gas is cheap, fuel up and go find out for yourself.
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/19/14 04:13 PM

Draw?
Waders or boots?
How many decoys I need?

Yes
Yes, or used to be. Very crowded and somewhat unorganized, unless your a youth.
Waders
Two dozen
Posted By: Fowlman

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/19/14 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben Lilly

Draw?
Waders or boots?
How many decoys I need?

up
Posted By: JoeCowboy

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/19/14 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben Lilly

Draw?
Waders or boots?
How many decoys I need?

Boom
Posted By: Guy

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/19/14 05:56 PM

Draw?
Waders or boots?
How many decoys I need?

Here's all you need:
-Waders
-lawn chair
-sun glasses and suntan lotion
-full thermos of coffee
Get there at legal shoot time, let every run to their spots first, kick back and enjoy the show.

troll
Posted By: JRR

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/19/14 08:24 PM

Richland public access maps and then use google earth to find coves, etc, to cross reference....that you think you can access then go light and scout them out. Google earth is a great asset/tool when scouting "new" areas and can help you pare down the spots to go scout on foot. Keep an eye on the google earth dates and compare that date with current lake levels.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/21/14 03:19 AM

Killed lots of ducks there in the past but haven't hunted it in years.
Posted By: SpoonPlatoon

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/21/14 02:32 PM

There are no ducks in east Texas.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/21/14 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy

Draw?
Waders or boots?
How many decoys I need?

Here's all you need:
-Waders
-lawn chair
-sun glasses and suntan lotion
-full thermos of coffee
Get there at legal shoot time, let every run to their spots first, kick back and enjoy the show.

troll

muyloco that's me here ta interpitate. waders person who waits on others lawn chair rubber entertube sunglasses ta look cool while the ducks are cyrcleing. coffee ta keep ya warm, that water tis cold this time of year. confused2 suntan lotion scratch agh, refuren back ta waders my mistake, they keep ya warm from the out side cold water, the coffee warms the inside thermos whin empty, an whin the leak in the wadders let's cold water in an ya need ta pee, can use the thermos ta recycle. scratch wich gets me back ta the suntan lotion camo for were the sun don't shine, theirs some crazies out thar that shoots them white tails flag
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/22/14 04:11 PM

Make sure its open before you plan on going, they close the area for deer hunts periodically, also believe there is a new rule that you can only hunt until noon now and only on monday, wednesday and saturday, also remember you have to purchase the $48 APH permit to hunt the area.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Ducks @ Richland Creek - 12/22/14 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: bossbowman
Make sure its open before you plan on going, they close the area for deer hunts periodically, also believe there is a new rule that you can only hunt until noon now and only on monday, wednesday and saturday, also remember you have to purchase the $48 APH permit to hunt the area.

cheers dueling with high-tech duel last post done gone missing. check the rules. best wishes stay safe flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum