Texas Hunting Forum

2nd Drawing Permit results

Posted By: WileyCoyote

2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/13/14 10:14 PM

I had 4 slots still open for the 2nd Drawing, and lost 1 so far at 5pm as shown in the Check Status live update...
Ron

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/14/14 11:31 AM

Got skunked on all 4 2nd Drawings selections...nothing unusal ...been skunked for the last 5-6 years with LP's from 10 or 12 to 16...and the new system will only get worse IMO.
Ron
Posted By: TWarren

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/14/14 11:51 AM

Where did you apply? Maybe the odds of drawing are low? Although with that many points I would think you would get lucky somewhere along the way. I was surprised I just found out I got drawn in the 2nd drawing for Gene Howe. First time I've ever been selected for anything in Texas.
Posted By: pkhunter624

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/14/14 01:42 PM

We got picked on the second drawing for Management hunt at White Oak Creek. I applied for 3 management hunts and got picked for all 3, lucky year I guess.
Posted By: Appels

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/14/14 02:41 PM

I got skunked on all four of my pending 2nd drawings as well. Looks like I'll have to commit to a paid hunt this year.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/14/14 03:35 PM

No draws for me. I now have 22 points in gun deer either sex.
Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/14/14 06:17 PM

Got drawn on 2nd drawing for Management hunt at Chaparral WMA.
Posted By: Mako My Day

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/14/14 07:15 PM

nothing for me on 4 second draws, maybe next year!
Posted By: TomPr

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/14/14 08:06 PM

I got skunked. The only thing left is spring turkey. I guess I might go standby on some hunt I wasn't drawn for.

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/14/14 10:42 PM

This year I only put in for 2 in GDA: at Enchanted Rock & South Llano River, and 2 in GDE: at Muse & Lake Mineral Wells. Got heavy commitments pending for severe medical issues with the DinL. Schedules being worked out in the next week or so with the results of the last several tests in DFW before we get her into the MD Anderson system.

The GDA selections are tough draws as I've never drawn SLRiver in 15 years of trying whenever a Hunt comes up in the Drawing, and the Mineral Wells Hunt's have become as hard last couple years since they opened it up into GDE.
Ron

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/14/14 10:47 PM

This year I only put in for 2 in GDA: at Enchanted Rock & South Llano River, and 2 in GDE: at Muse & Lake Mineral Wells. Got heavy commitments pending for severe medical issues with the DinL, and all of the these Hunts were within a week or two in late December/early January as I remember. DinL's Schedules are being worked out in the next week or so pending the results of the last several tests in DFW wrapped up in the next couple days, before we get her accepted and enrolled into the MD Anderson system hopefully before the end of the month.

The GDA selections are tough draws as I've never drawn SLRiver in 15 years of trying whenever a Hunt comes up in the Drawing, and the Mineral Wells Hunt's have become as hard last couple years since they opened it up into GDE.
Ron
Posted By: txseadog

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/15/14 01:37 AM

I need to get a different rabbit's foot as we've went 1 for 53 this year winning a GDA at Lake Whitney.

My girls went 0 for 25 on the youth hunts and I'm 1 for 28 so far with two mule deer apps left.
Posted By: mooney_ag

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/15/14 02:35 PM

struck out on FDE and youth hunts as well...
Posted By: FOsteology

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/15/14 03:07 PM

If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all. Struck out again this year. Still have "Gun Mule Deer" outstanding. With my track record on the draw hunts, I wont hold my breath..
Posted By: ATX_Hunter

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/15/14 05:54 PM

I got lucky and was selected for Gun Deer Either Sex at Kerr WMA. It will be my first time hunting on public land so I am excited!
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/15/14 07:24 PM

Nothing here, so far. Just biding my time til they call me about my grand slam.

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/15/14 10:42 PM

ATX, Be sure to take a camera with a long lense, so's you can take pic's of all the exotics. GDE at Kerr has been a tough ticket to get, congrats and enjoy the opportunity.
Ron
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/15/14 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ATX_Hunter
I got lucky and was selected for Gun Deer Either Sex at Kerr WMA. It will be my first time hunting on public land so I am excited!

Congratulation. Great place to stay is MO ranch 1 mile east of KWMA gate.
http://www.moranch.org/
They have some great camp grounds, cabin, bunkhouse, and condos also. Good Luck. cheers
Posted By: Whiptail

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/16/14 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
ATX, Be sure to take a camera with a long lense, so's you can take pic's of all the exotics.

I've never seen an exotic on Kerr. Still an excellent place to hunt!

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/16/14 07:21 PM

Thanks guys! I'm mentally packing my stuff as we speak.

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/16/14 08:19 PM

Hmmm?? Mebbe I'm thinking of somewhere's else... Kerr's front gate is on Hwy 41, little ways east of 83...umm over around the 1340 turnoff? Seen tons of exotics right on the hwy fencelines down that stretch of Hwy 41 coming over to Mountain Home ....to get to Hwy 16 off I-10 and head north to DFW. Whatever, it beats the bejesus outta the boring views on any of the Interstates.
Ron
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/16/14 10:24 PM

I kinda miss the old "Notice of Non-Selection" letters. I used them to make a nasty tasting soup. It tasted like dispair.
Posted By: Whiptail

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/16/14 11:44 PM

Half the time they didn't even send me the non-selection letters. Despair soup makes tag soup taste delicious.
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/17/14 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
Hmmm?? Mebbe I'm thinking of somewhere's else... Kerr's front gate is on Hwy 41, little ways east of 83...umm over around the 1340 turnoff? Seen tons of exotics right on the hwy fencelines down that stretch of Hwy 41 coming over to Mountain Home ....to get to Hwy 16 off I-10 and head north to DFW. Whatever, it beats the bejesus outta the boring views on any of the Interstates.
Ron

Ron, I can remember back in the mid 90s KWMA had some axis and they wanted them gone for some reason. They were an allowed bonus on GDE or GDA draw hunts and even youth hunts. I remember seeing 2 that were shot in the early 90s. They were nice size Axis. Biggest was shot by a 12 year old girl with her dad also in blind..up cheers

Look in their picture album while you are there and you will find them. There is also a picture of me and my oldest with 2 sows. We gutted them and brought them in and scaled them @272 and 292 lbs. 292 had 13 piglet in it. KMWA said they had never seen any before and they got in through a water gap that was out. About 25 mixed hogs in the sounder we saw on the south side of breeder pens compartment.

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/17/14 11:21 PM

I dont mean to hijack the thread but mine Permit say "Unlimited Exotic Mammals" so I'm hoping the exotics are running around in a month.

Re: 2nd Drawing Permit results - 10/18/14 03:03 AM

Yuppers ..AN thas why I keep put'in in for some places and not for others...Unlimited EXO's...

Oh Well I'll prolly never give up on gettin drawn at $%#@! WMA/SP .... 'specially now when I can buy all the $3 App's I want in a given Category...an Ya'll thought I's gonna tell where all I put in for again....wait'll next year when hopefully I will not have all these Medical Issues going on in the house to deal with.

Just a thought...if I was to actualy get drawn for a couple GDE's outta the 10-12 GDE App's I had put in for...beside bein broke from all the travel & Permit Hunt Fees Can I REALLY Hunt all the Hunt's I put in for if I got drawn on multiple GDE's, EXO's or whatever???
Ron
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum