Texas Hunting Forum

Ray Roberts, Tawakoni and Cooper WMA

Posted By: ChristianT

Ray Roberts, Tawakoni and Cooper WMA - 09/22/14 11:32 PM

Has anyone ever hunted any of these? Just really getting into hunting on public lands and I want people's opinion on the places. Ray Roberts mainly for quail when the season starts. Any info on Hog and waterfowl hunting at these places would be appreciated.
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Ray Roberts, Tawakoni and Cooper WMA - 09/23/14 01:49 AM

Have only deer and hog hunted Tawakoni and Cooper, never hunted Ray Roberts. Hogs are all over Tawakoni and Cooper but there is a lot of hunting pressure also. I know the waterfowl hunting on Tawakoni is good, at least it must be by the sounds of it up by pawni (sp) where my dad lives but sounds like a lot of folks. Also both lakes are EXTREMELY LOW so not sure what it does for waterfowl but allows the hogs to roam thousands of new acres.
Posted By: ChristianT

Re: Ray Roberts, Tawakoni and Cooper WMA - 09/24/14 04:07 PM

Yeah Im from the Houston area so I bet the waterfowl hunting is a lot tougher here with the low water levels. I was interested in quail since I haven't been in so long and I know its been real hard here because of the low rain totals the past few years. Anyone know anywhere, maybe the Caddo grass lands that would be a good place to start?
Posted By: kdub

Re: Ray Roberts, Tawakoni and Cooper WMA - 09/24/14 04:49 PM

No quail on any of those.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum