Texas Hunting Forum

Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt...

Posted By: 1riot1ranger

Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 09/16/14 02:52 AM

.... Three years ago bolt

Anybody know when they send out this years?
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 09/16/14 03:07 AM

I got mine.......last year about this time.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 09/16/14 10:12 AM

Should be a day or two after the deadline. Exotic and archery mule deer should be any day now.

I see they did the second round on pronghorn. Got me another point.
Posted By: javman

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 09/17/14 01:34 AM

Notices started landing today, already heard back from a few who got selected.

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 09/17/14 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Should be a day or two after the deadline. Exotic and archery mule deer should be any day now.

I see they did the second round on pronghorn. Got me another point.

This is a whole different drawing. LA is federal land.

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 09/17/14 07:07 PM

How do you put in for that?
Posted By: 1riot1ranger

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 09/18/14 01:12 AM

Sneaky, During the month of August only you gotta either go to the refuge office or mail in an application that you download from their website. Archery is first come first served until spots are filled. Rifle hunts are by random drawing sometime in September, but only for applications received during August.

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 09/18/14 01:51 AM

Thanks ranger. Never heard of it before.
Posted By: TomPr

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 09/24/14 04:27 PM

They are sending the rifle draw letters for this year, this week. I called them and they told me that.
Posted By: Captain Luke

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 09/24/14 05:42 PM

I've been drawn the past two years for the rifle hunt. It's an awesome place.

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 09/24/14 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Captain Luke
I've been drawn the past two years for the rifle hunt. It's an awesome place.

Shhhh....comments like that will make it hard to draw ever again.

Besides, it's a horrible place absolutely devoid of any game. All you'll get are disease carrying ticks and a case of chiggers on your privates.

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 10/01/14 02:15 PM

You know, now that I think about it, it really is a horrible place. Nothing but rattlers and bugs.

Re: Got my first notice of selection for Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt... - 10/06/14 01:29 AM

Any one?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum