Texas Hunting Forum

Sig Kilo3000 BDX

Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Sig Kilo3000 BDX - 05/22/23 07:16 PM

I got these knowing there was better glass, but maybe not better range finding accuracy. I'm pretty convinced I could not have done better all things considered. I use a Leupold CDS dial set up on three different rifles, two of which are VX5HD 3-15 x 44's.
I know the dials are on, killed a pile of stuff at known ranges and had them for years now. I verify them on paper for practice and peace of mind once a year and hunt with them. About a month ago with my Tikka 7mm Rem Mag I ranged a coyote at 339 yards, dialed it to 330, dead coyote.
This past Saturday, in my stand looking at the rare sight of water running in the Prarie Dog Town Fork of the Red, see a coyote on a sand bar. Ranged him at 559 yards, dialed it to 550 and killed him. My longest shot ever. This was with my CTR in .308, another CDS set up on an identical scope. The range accuracy and ease of getting on a small target at those distances is now proven to me. I'm stretching my maximum shot attempt on a buck to 600 yards. Bino's are working out great.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Sig Kilo3000 BDX - 05/22/23 07:31 PM

Thats real good shooting.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Sig Kilo3000 BDX - 05/22/23 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Thats real good shooting.

Real good guns, optics, mounts, ammo, bipod or a stand that I built with a shooting rest with front and rear bags..........I really wanted to go to the last coyote (the 550 yard shot) and get a pic looking over his dead a-- back to the stand on the horizon. With the water I could only get a pic from the bank, I didn't have the right kind of boots to walk through the water to get my hands on him. Those bino's are the last component in the kit for me. Really glad I spent the $ on them.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Sig Kilo3000 BDX - 05/22/23 08:35 PM

Nice shootin'.....!!
Posted By: Deans

Re: Sig Kilo3000 BDX - 05/23/23 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jgraider
Nice shootin'.....!!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum