Texas Hunting Forum

FHF FOB bino harness.

Posted By: Sneaky

FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/25/23 11:28 PM

Just picked up one of these, so no field use yet, but I’m so impressed with it that I just had to tell y’all to get one. I’ve used a KUIU for awhile, now, and I like it a lot. I recently tried an FHF bino harness, and I liked it a lot, too, but I felt like their newer FOB harness would be that much better. We’ll see how it goes in the field, but dang this thing is nice. I can’t imagine it won’t live up to my expectations.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 12:34 AM

Im in the market for one, this looks like a good one. Thx for the info.

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by LonestarCobra

You bet. I think you’ll love it, as long as magnets aren’t an issue for you.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

That’s the only reason I won’t get it. Too many issues with the Marsupial magnetic closure that Marsupial starting making a non magnetic version. I am amazed FHF would include the magnets on this. Magnets can snap closed and make sound but the interference with electronics is simply a no go for me.. It appears to be a possible “king of the hill” bino harness too. I hope you have great success with it and they indeed are not an issue.

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 01:52 AM

I know they can be an issue with electronics, but I’m not familiar with the specifics.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Theringworm

That’s the only reason I won’t get it. Too many issues with the Marsupial magnetic closure that Marsupial starting making a non magnetic version. I am amazed FHF would include the magnets on this. Magnets can snap closed and make sound but the interference with electronics is simply a no go for me.. It appears to be a possible “king of the hill” bino harness too. I hope you have great success with it and they indeed are not an issue.

i have had minimal issues on magnetic compass and zero on electronics . Its a essentially non issue. with that said they make a non magnetic one, or did when the where working with Aron synder. They didnt have issues Aron made it an issue because he didnt like holding his compass a foot away if that.

but like i said had virtually zero compass issues. Magnets arent big enough. My phone has rokman case and has a bigger magnet on it then the Bino harness and I use Onx And or GPS 4x a week when riding my bike.

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 02:50 AM

That’s good to know. If it came down to it, I’d just cut the magnet out.
Posted By: Judd

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 04:09 AM

I think I’m going to eventually try them all roflmao

Thus far in order of my preference:
Marsupial
Mystery Ranch
Alaskan Guide Creations - the harness I could never get comfortable

Next I think I’ll try the Kuiu.

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 09:44 AM

The KUIU is nice.

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 11:21 AM

if you are on of the few people who carry a magnetic old school compass, and dont want to hold it away from your chest then yes . It will not affect your phone though.

kifaru just came out with non-magnetic one.

I love my marsupial.

they are all extremely similar and well built now. Cant go wrong with any of them

Posted By: DStroud

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 01:45 PM

If weight is a concern Stone Glacier is another and it’s adjustable to fit your binoculars but I agree Marsupial is my go to.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 02:28 PM

I have Badlands. It's ok, kinda bulky but well put together.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 02:31 PM

It can affect your phone and your hand held gps. There are many reports supporting that claim. Obviously it’s not a widespread issue for all phones or gps units but there are plenty of them to be concerned. So it can be an issue beyond an old school compass.

From what I have seen I do think the FHF FOB may be the new top harness on the market. If they make one without magnets I’ll definitely buy it. I don’t know they had made one or that Aaron had complained about that as well. I have the old Kuiu and like the minimalistic light weight feel of it but it’s lacking in pockets and bino attachments. I also have and currently use an AGC and it’s my benchmark to measure everything else against. Only complaint I have about it is weight.

Marsupial, Stone Glacier, AGC and FHF are all great options. I don’t find the new Kifaru to be significantly innovative based on the pre-release video. There is a lot they need to change and address imo prior to rolling out the final product.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

if you are on of the few people who carry a magnetic old school compass, and dont want to hold it away from your chest then yes . It will not affect your phone though.

I love my marsupial.

they are all extremely similar and well built now. Cant go wrong with any of them

Tell your story about getting a binocular harness caught in a fence while trying to cross it. That is classic! If you mention the brand it shouldn't be considered a hijack of the thread.

happy3

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Theringworm
It can affect your phone and your hand held gps. There are many reports supporting that claim. Obviously it’s not a widespread issue for all phones or gps units but there are plenty of them to be concerned. So it can be an issue beyond an old school compass.

From what I have seen I do think the FHF FOB may be the new top harness on the market. If they make one without magnets I’ll definitely buy it. I don’t know they had made one or that Aaron had complained about that as well. I have the old Kuiu and like the minimalistic light weight feel of it but it’s lacking in pockets and bino attachments. I also have and currently use an AGC and it’s my benchmark to measure everything else against. Only complaint I have about it is weight.

Marsupial, Stone Glacier, AGC and FHF are all great options. I don’t find the new Kifaru to be significantly innovative based on the pre-release video. There is a lot they need to change and address imo prior to rolling out the final product.

i think its more of an old old old issue. I use a rokform magnetic case( 2 big magnets on it) and literally stick my phone on the roll bar of my mule pro while using GPS in WTX, NM, CO etc . I also use magnetic mount in my truck.

essentially the magnets in any of the bino harness arent large enough to affect your phone.

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by RiverRider

I love my marsupial.

Tell your story about getting a binocular harness caught in a fence while trying to cross it. That is classic! If you mention the brand it shouldn't be considered a hijack of the thread.

happy3

PTSD!!!! Dont use elastic bino harnesses if you are clumsy!! I almost knock my front teeth out crossing a fence. Hell with crocked horn
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/26/23 06:41 PM

Another vote for Marsupial.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/27/23 02:31 AM

Stone Glacier Skyline is what I use. Fully enclosed, front opening, no magnet, no Velcro, pack stays in place, not bulky, Made in USA, not too expensive.
Posted By: pdotson

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/27/23 12:15 PM

I just got a marsupial in the mail yesterday (letting it go due to being too big, leupold pro model is only a medium and I need a small). Quality is extremely nice and front opening works really well. I assume the FHF FOB will be of similar quality, I like the look of the straps on it.

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 04/27/23 12:36 PM

The straps are fantastic.

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 05/08/23 09:44 PM

[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/ykWAuX0X_1I?feature=share[/video]

Cliff is a great guy to listen to when it comes to hunting out west. If I had to pick one person on social media, he’d be the one. Besides Bobo, of course, but his reach through the forum is limited.

I’m curious to see his review on the product after a proper testing.

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 05/08/23 10:14 PM

Cliff is a great guy to listen to when it comes to hunting out west. If I had to pick one person on social media, he’d be the one. Besides Bobo, of course, but his reach through the forum is limited.

I like his video’s, he pretty straight forward. I dont think you can go wrong with any of them.

What i really need is a hat that has a built in mouth reed sleeve
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 05/12/23 03:56 PM

I have the older style FHF bino harness and like it a lot. I do believe the magnet closure is a step up from the bungee style closure.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 05/12/23 04:56 PM

I just recently got the new FOB FHF Bino Harness and the new FHF Chest Rig - Gen 2. I had the previous versions and I must say, the new ones are a great upgrade! The straps are well designed and I would highly suggest getting their Foundation Wing System, so you can add stuff on the sides, instead of out front on the harness or chest rig, itself. I use the chest rig for turkey hunting and can't say enough good things about it.

If you guys have any questions on these, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

I'll be interviewing Paul Lewis, the head of FHF Gear, on my podcast in the near future. If you guys have any questions you want me to ask, please let me know, as well.

FOB Bino Harness Overview:

Chest Rig 2.0 Overview:

Foundation Wing System Overview:

Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: FHF FOB bino harness. - 05/12/23 04:58 PM

I like his video’s, he pretty straight forward. I dont think you can go wrong with any of them.

What i really need is a hat that has a built in mouth reed sleeve

Cliff does a great job with his reviews!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum