Texas Hunting Forum

Steiner & Burris

Posted By: wp75169

Steiner & Burris - 02/11/23 03:51 PM

I may be last one to the show but are they the same company? I’ve noticed their scopes being similar for a few years but today I just did a closer inspection of the 5-30 offered by each.

Anyone?
Posted By: hetman

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/11/23 03:55 PM

Berretta Holding Group
Steiner Optik was acquired by the elite Beretta Holding Group, an Italian holding company in 2008. The Berretta Group is considered one of the largest weapons manufacturers and reserves direct and indirect stakes in more than 32 arms and sporting brands around the world, including Berretta, Benelli, Stoeger, Burris, and Sako. Since becoming a member of the group, Steiner products have been made available in more than 65 countries worldwide.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/11/23 04:42 PM

So I wonder if there’s $300 difference.

https://cameralandny.com/shop/stein...?variation=3265084&query=T6xi%205-30

https://cameralandny.com/shop/burri...ion=3148669&query=burris%20xtr%20pro
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/12/23 12:15 AM

Completely unsolicited opinion: I’m a Burris fanboy.

I don’t know that I’ve ever even looked through a Steiner though.
Posted By: howl

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/12/23 03:28 AM

They're making Steiners in Colorado now same as some Burris. I'd just call and ask.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/12/23 02:15 PM

I have a Steiner T5xi and didn't care for it. Some of the worst glass at it's price point, bar none. My dad has an old pair of Steiner marine binos and they're pretty awesome though.

Haven't heard any reviews of the T6xi...I'm sure those two models are comparable glass-wise. Burris is known for decent but not out-of-this-world glass, so I imagine the Steiner is on par or slightly better.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/12/23 10:40 PM

I have recently became a Burris fan. I liked the fact some their models namely the XtrIII was at the time I bought mine were made in US n Greeley,Co.
Doug at Camerland still has some of the ones made in US at great pricing but the newer Illuminated model are made now in Philippines.
The XTR Pro is still made here and I have a couple of them and they are very good for money no doubt.
It’s funny you mentioned they and Steiner are same…I had bought a Scope from Doug at Camerland and it came with a set of Steiner rings. One of the rings actually cracked after a year. I sent Steiner an email and by the next day a new set was in the mail no questions asked. When the box showed Greeley ,Co. I looked and sure enough after some research found that somemof the new Steiners namely T6xi are made here in US with glass from overseas.
I just got this week the T6xi but haven’t opened the box yet.
I recently sold my March and Athlon Cronus scopes and replaced with these two.
The plan for the Steiner is for my 300 WSM elk rifle.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/13/23 04:50 PM

You're putting a 56 mm objective on an elk rifle?
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/13/23 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wytex
You're putting a 56 mm objective on an elk rifle?

Had a 50mm what’s another 6mm gonna hurt?
Posted By: RHutch

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/15/23 03:30 AM

I’ve got a couple Steiners, most recently that same 3-18x56. It’s a sweet ride, made in the USA.
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/16/23 12:18 AM

Burris is a great made product for the price point. Fantastic (seldom used) support and warranty. I have Burris optics on several guns. Steiner Bino's are the way. Steiner scopes are over priced IMO
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/16/23 12:44 AM

I went Burris 5-6 years ago on all

Solid product
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Steiner & Burris - 02/25/23 03:41 PM

Well Burris and Steiner have the same address so.....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum