Texas Hunting Forum

Vortex Rzr/PST II zero stop

Posted By: scot

Vortex Rzr/PST II zero stop - 02/02/23 12:16 AM

Got a new PST Gen II and trying to make sure I understand the zero stop.

From factory new I need to crank the elevation turret down until I hit the zero stop. Then I remove the outer elevation turret. Then loosen the set screws on the side of the zero stop turret. Sight in the rifle and I should not hear any clicks. Once I’m happy with the zero, tighten the zero stop turret. Then slide the outer elevation turret down marking sure to hit zero as close as possible. Tighten the outer turret set screws.

People hated in the gen 1 style, but sliding the shims in sure was straight forward.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Vortex Rzr/PST II zero stop - 02/05/23 05:02 AM

You got it. I agree, wasn’t a fan of the new procedure either.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Vortex Rzr/PST II zero stop - 02/05/23 03:09 PM

Zeroing these is a PITA as well.

Night Force wins on the best zero stop in my opinion. Easy as can be to get set, or disengage if you need to while zeroing.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Vortex Rzr/PST II zero stop - 02/05/23 03:25 PM

I would argue that Tangent Theta has the best zero stop with a close second going to the Burris Pro…. No tools really needed maybe a nickel on the Tangent nothing on the Burris Pro.
I hear the new Vortex Gen III 6-36 is quick and easy but I haven’t opened the box yet as the rifle isn’t quite ready.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Vortex Rzr/PST II zero stop - 02/05/23 07:21 PM

The rzr LHT is a washer looking piece that has a roll pin in it…it’s way simpler than the original pst’s.

Good luck, I’m just not familiar with that system.
Posted By: scot

Re: Vortex Rzr/PST II zero stop - 02/06/23 06:27 PM

Followed the process I described and everything worked well. Only complaint would be screws are tight so it is annoying to hold the reticle at zero when tightening.

I was concerned when you disengage the zero stop/click to zero that it wouldn’t hold zero but it did just fine.

Tracking was outstanding from what I can tell. Overall pleased especially at the Europtic price.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum