Texas Hunting Forum

QD Scope Mounts

Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

QD Scope Mounts - 01/31/23 11:03 PM

Looking at moving a couple scopes back and forth on a AR-10. One is a Burris MTAC 1-4, and the other is a veracity 3-15. I’m thinking about putting each one in a PEPR, and moving them as my need dictates. Has anyone done this, and how well did it work? Did the mounts hold zero or at least stay close? The 3-15 would probably stay on the rifle most of the time, but I do use it in 3 gun from time to time, so I’d be wanting the LVPO for that.

I’ve spent a decent amount of time looking at forums and YouTube today and I think the idea would work well, but was wondering what THF had to say.
Posted By: Judd

Re: QD Scope Mounts - 02/01/23 01:52 AM

It’ll work…not my favorite mount because the weight but what you are trying to accomplish will work.

Re: QD Scope Mounts - 02/01/23 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Judd
It’ll work…not my favorite mount because the weight but what you are trying to accomplish will work.

Nothing about this rifle is lightweight grin
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: QD Scope Mounts - 02/01/23 02:49 AM

I use nothing but QD mounts. Mainly ADM and BOBRO. I have day scopes for most rifles and also have my thermal on a QD. I swap them back and forth all the time with no issues.

Re: QD Scope Mounts - 02/01/23 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
I use nothing but QD mounts. Mainly ADM and BOBRO. I have day scopes for most rifles and also have my thermal on a QD. I swap them back and forth all the time with no issues.

Good to hear!!

I’m pulling a Buzz and throwing all kinds of ideas out roflmao but I think this is the most logical based on what I already have.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: QD Scope Mounts - 02/01/23 02:15 PM

I had a PEPR, it sucked after a few hundred rounds

Id go BOBRO, much more solid QD
Posted By: syncerus

Re: QD Scope Mounts - 02/01/23 04:21 PM

I’ve got ADM and LaRue, and both seem very well made.
Posted By: duffas

Re: QD Scope Mounts - 02/17/23 08:32 PM

My AR mounts are PEPR non QD and switching them is fine, maybe a minor sight change that should be done after the change anyway.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum