Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone use a Dry-Fire Laser Practice System?

Posted By: pertnear

Anyone use a Dry-Fire Laser Practice System? - 04/24/22 10:24 PM

As of late, I've being seeing a lot of ads for handgun dry-fire Laser Practice Systems. Basically they all use a laser snap-cap cartridge that triggers a laser. A phone app then scores your hits on a special target. Is this just a gimmick or a useful tool? Seems like a pain to have to pull back the slide each time. Any thoughts or actual user comments? TIA
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Anyone use a Dry-Fire Laser Practice System? - 04/24/22 10:31 PM

Just do normal dry fire.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Anyone use a Dry-Fire Laser Practice System? - 04/24/22 11:36 PM

I can say the Mantis system sure worked for me. It is a little bit of a pain racking slide but for pistols not sure how you get around that.
My son has a special trigger on his AR that allows the Mantis to work with out working Bolt each time but Trigger feel is a little different as you would expect.
My grandkids used it as well and first trip to range with them I was impressed with how good their Trigger control was.

I used mine quite a bit last summer but fell off once hunting season rolled around and honestly haven’t picked it up since.
Use it and you will get better no doubt!
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Anyone use a Dry-Fire Laser Practice System? - 04/25/22 02:00 AM

Regular dry fire about. Foot away from a light switch if you need fancy electronics I hear good things about mantis

You could also go to Benstoeger.com and get dry fire correct sizes ( I haven’t tried)
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum