Texas Hunting Forum

New Primary Arms Optics

Posted By: scottfromdallas

New Primary Arms Optics - 02/13/22 10:02 PM

I’m really intrigued by the new PLX 1-8 compact. Their PLX line is made by LOW.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-new-products
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: New Primary Arms Optics - 03/13/22 10:05 PM

pretty cool scopes but for conservative me the reticles suck confused2
Posted By: J.G.

Re: New Primary Arms Optics - 03/13/22 11:24 PM

For $1500, I'll put another +$200 with it and go with a Night Force NX8 1-8X.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: New Primary Arms Optics - 03/14/22 01:13 AM

Pretty pricey. If I was going to drop that much coin, I would be comparing it to NF, Leupold, Swarovski and others with well earned reputations for quality and durability. I do have a hunting/shooting partner that I really listen to. He was a Marine Corp sniper, got his ME after his time and is director of engineering in a related field. He has a PA from the lower end of their line that compares to a Leupold VX5-HD. It was about 70% of the price of the Leupold, which he also has. He's been using it pretty hard for about 6 months and is really pleased with it. He does admit it doesn't have the clarity and light gathering of his Leupolds, but for him it's all about durability. He's hard on his stuff and the difference in glass is only noticed when doing a side by side at fading light.

Re: New Primary Arms Optics - 03/14/22 01:19 AM

I have several PA optics from their Silver and Gold lines. They are have been very good for the money and durable. I've never tied their platinum line.

Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: New Primary Arms Optics - 03/14/22 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

I have several PA optics from their Silver and Gold lines. They are have been very good for the money and durable. I've never tired their platinum line.

Good to know.
Posted By: David Maas

Re: New Primary Arms Optics - 03/14/22 05:16 PM

Who does this?

Manufacturing here in the US using metric fasteners, I guess I am old school.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: New Primary Arms Optics - 03/15/22 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by David Maas
Who does this?

Manufacturing here in the US using metric fasteners, I guess I am old school.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I’m not understanding the problem. It’s just a USA made 30mm and 34mm mount for a MIL-STD-1913 rail.
Posted By: TLew

Re: New Primary Arms Optics - 03/15/22 01:05 AM

Waiting for the green version of their new SLx 3x microprism to drop. I have a 1x on order, and I think I will want the 3x to put on the lever gun instead

Re: New Primary Arms Optics - 03/15/22 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by TLew
Waiting for the green version of their new SLx 3x microprism to drop. I have a 1x on order, and I think I will want the 3x to put on the lever gun instead

I recently bought their GLX 2X Prism. Eye relief is amazing for a prism at 3.5”. Really like the “shake awake” feature,
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum