Texas Hunting Forum

Help with ring/mounts

Posted By: TRoberts

Help with ring/mounts - 11/09/21 10:16 PM

I just purchased a Browning X-Bolt Max Long Range. I am looking at the Talley rings that have the integrated mounts. I am hopefully trading scopes with a forum member and if so I will be in possession of a Zeiss V4 6-24x50. Does anyone know if the medium height will work with that obj size or will I need to do high mounts? Thanks for answering my newbie question.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Help with ring/mounts - 11/11/21 10:46 PM

The last scope I mounted was a 50 mm Nikon in Talley medium rings, they worked well, but it was a Remington so not sure how it would compare.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Help with ring/mounts - 11/12/21 03:04 PM

No problem whatsoever from personal experience with a Browning and Talley rings
Don't go high for sure
Posted By: Brad Groux

Re: Help with ring/mounts - 12/02/21 07:28 AM

+1 for Talley. They make great rings for the price, for nearly every model of rifle and scope diameters. I just ordered another set for my new Weatherby Vanguard and Leupold optic.
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Help with ring/mounts - 12/09/21 11:54 PM

Talley has great customer service. I had a ring crack unexpectedly on the one piece light weight rings on my Kimber 84M .308. The top rear scope ring cracked horizontally across the top of the ring screws after 5 years of use. I called their customer service number and the representative said he would send out a couple of ring tops free of charge.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Help with ring/mounts - 12/11/21 04:14 AM

I’ve saw Talley rings hold true to a major vehicle crash

Long story…

It was my Talley rings and crash

I’m a believer
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum