Texas Hunting Forum

First night outing with Wraith

Posted By: mikei

First night outing with Wraith - 10/31/21 03:11 AM

I got a chance to take my new 2X out for a night hunt. I was primarily interested in trying to find out if I could actually operate the controls in a lights-out situation. It (I) was a bit clumsy, but I managed to get a couple of videos and pics. I'm really pleased with the clarity of the night time images it is providing. Just as I was wrapping up for the evening, I did a quick scan and saw some low-to-the-ground eyeballs heading my way. Sure enough, a momma coon and 3 of her kids were heading for the turkey feeder. I got 3 of them. I'll add a pic later, but a dead coon looks like a dead coon. . .

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: First night outing with Wraith - 10/31/21 01:18 PM

You make a good choice going with the Wraith. Best IR night vision for the money, IMO.

Re: First night outing with Wraith - 10/31/21 01:34 PM

This was the first blood with the new Wraith. I like this scope more and more, every time I use it. The raccoons are not quite so happy about its arrival on the property!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: First night outing with Wraith - 10/31/21 05:09 PM

Congrats on the purchase. I think you are really going to like it.
Posted By: chalet

Re: First night outing with Wraith - 11/02/21 04:02 PM

What is the distance from you to the deer and that 1st pic?

Re: First night outing with Wraith - 11/03/21 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by chalet
What is the distance from you to the deer and that 1st pic?

97 yards, according to my laser range finder, which seems to be fairly accurate.
Posted By: FWFish

Re: First night outing with Wraith - 11/06/21 12:48 AM

What model (SKU) # is that? Thanks

Re: First night outing with Wraith - 11/06/21 01:21 AM

FWFish, this is the one I got: Before you buy one, contact Jason at Outdoor Legacy and tell him all about the hunting you're going to be doing and listen to what he says. They're in the night optics business; they're Texans, and they'll do right by you!! You asked for the SKU#, and it's on this web site:

https://sightmark.com/products/wraith-hd-2-16x28-digital-riflescope
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: First night outing with Wraith - 11/07/21 02:10 PM

Very clear
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: First night outing with Wraith - 11/09/21 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by mikei
FWFish, this is the one I got: Before you buy one, contact Jason at Outdoor Legacy and tell him all about the hunting you're going to be doing and listen to what he says. They're in the night optics business; they're Texans, and they'll do right by you!! You asked for the SKU#, and it's on this web site:

https://sightmark.com/products/wraith-hd-2-16x28-digital-riflescope

Thank you sir, I appreciate it. We're always glad to help.

Jason
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum