Texas Hunting Forum

Infrared scope - part 2

Posted By: 603Country

Infrared scope - part 2 - 10/29/21 09:37 PM

Ok, I plan to buy the Sightmark Wraith 4K Mini, as a Christmas gift to me. Won’t be long till it gets dark at 6 PM, so I won’t have to hunt till the wee hours of the morning. But, what else do I need? What are you guys using to scan the field without having to look through the rifle scope? A monocular, I guess, but which one. And the illuminator light? I think a good one has already been suggested. And the Wraith scope tube…is it 30mm, and will my present 30mm rings work or will I need something else?

This will go on my AR15.

Help me get it right the first time. Thanks.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Infrared scope - part 2 - 10/29/21 11:12 PM

I have no idea about the Wraith 4k mini having a 30mm tube, but it comes with its own mount. You should not have to worry about that.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Infrared scope - part 2 - 10/30/21 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by 603Country
Ok, I plan to buy the Sightmark Wraith 4K Mini, as a Christmas gift to me. Won’t be long till it gets dark at 6 PM, so I won’t have to hunt till the wee hours of the morning. But, what else do I need? What are you guys using to scan the field without having to look through the rifle scope? A monocular, I guess, but which one. And the illuminator light? I think a good one has already been suggested. And the Wraith scope tube…is it 30mm, and will my present 30mm rings work or will I need something else?

This will go on my AR15.

Help me get it right the first time. Thanks.

I suggest that you turn yourself over to Jason at Legacy Outdoors. He'll give you all the information you need to hit the ground running with NV.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Infrared scope - part 2 - 10/30/21 01:41 AM

Will do.
© 2022 Texas Hunting Forum