Texas Hunting Forum

new scope

Posted By: colt45-90

new scope - 10/28/21 07:17 PM

of these, all with in a couple hundred dollars of each
1. Leupold w/ wind drift, any one have this?
2. Sig Sauer good? any thing better in same price range
3. bushnell elite
all four are in the $750. price range
this if for 22lr competition shooting
not interested in any thing else, so lets not go there
Posted By: gr8fuldoug

Re: new scope - 10/28/21 07:21 PM

Did you consider the Sightron SIII Long Range 6-24x50 Zero Stop - Mil-Dot #25167 which is made in Japan and an excellent option in this price range?
Posted By: Inge0071

Re: new scope - 10/28/21 07:54 PM

Are you talking about the Bushnell Elite or the Engage? The Engage and non-tactical Elite go for less than $350 on GrabAGun.

The Elite Tactical is pricey ($1,200). In that range, there are LOTS and LOTS of options. For target shooting, I personally hate the SFP.

Bushnell makes a good scope (Engage/Elite) in the $250-$350 range.

A word on the Engage. The cross hairs are exceptionally fine. You may find your rounds wander against a dark target - because you can't see the tree.

Re: new scope - 10/28/21 08:20 PM

after reading the reviews on grabagun, I wouldn't buy a stick horse from them. please read original post, the " three" that I am interested in. also there are many models on any brand of scope, thats what you have to compare.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: new scope - 10/28/21 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by colt45
after reading the reviews on grabagun, I wouldn't buy a stick horse from them. please read original post, the " three" that I am interested in. also there are many models on any brand of scope, thats what you have to compare.

I had a littl sig 3-9 that I picked up on close out. I was impressed for the price

The luppy HD3 4.5 -14 30 mm is nice little scope, not sure how well tracking will hold long term as it just hit market
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: new scope - 10/28/21 08:45 PM

LOL, vague questions get vague results.

Re: new scope - 10/28/21 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy

LOL, vague questions get vague results.

not sure which part of your body your response is coming from.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: new scope - 10/28/21 08:56 PM

My buddy just picked up the Elite 3.5-21 from Doug when it was on sale. I haven’t shot with it yet but it’s a very well made scope and the glass is pretty good or very good at that price range. My question is where are you finding still on sale at that price?

All Elites are not created equal, do you know which model you’re looking at? The older 6500 s are not in the same class as the newer scopes.
Posted By: Inge0071

Re: new scope - 10/28/21 09:13 PM

Apologies. Your Engrish confused me.

Good luck!
Posted By: P_102

Re: new scope - 10/28/21 11:02 PM

When you say “w/ wind drift” are you talking about the reticle? You’ll need a Mil or MOA reticle on whatever you choose if you want to be competitive.

Re: new scope - 10/28/21 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by P_102
When you say “w/ wind drift” are you talking about the reticle? You’ll need a Mil or MOA reticle on whatever you choose if you want to be competitive.

wind drift is part of the leupold advertisement, I do not know what that is??
Posted By: wp75169

Re: new scope - 10/28/21 11:34 PM

Windplex

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TAB

Re: new scope - 11/05/21 12:44 AM

of these, all with in a couple hundred dollars of each
1. Leupold w/ wind drift, any one have this?
2. Sig Sauer good? any thing better in same price range
3. bushnell elite
all four are in the $750. price range
this if for 22lr competition shooting
not interested in any thing else, so lets not go there

None of these scopes are fit for 22 competition due to none of them will parallax down to 15-25 yards.
You won’t be able to see the cross hairs under 75 yards.

If your truly looking for something for NRL 22 or the match that senior puts on you need something that will parallax adjustable to 25 yards minimum if you can find something that will do 10-11 yards even better.

If you buy any of what you have listed you’ll be rebuying soon.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: new scope - 11/07/21 02:10 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum