Texas Hunting Forum

Blast from the past

Posted By: mikei

Blast from the past - 10/22/21 07:48 PM

While digging around for a scope to put on a new rifle, I came across this old boy. It's a Yukon Model NVSR 2.5-50. It was the very first NV scope I purchased, many years ago. It is VERY simple: one 3 position switch to turn the unit and the IR on and off; and one rheostat to control the brightness of the reticle. That's it! It was made in Russia and imported by Yukon. Just for grins I mounted it on my .223 Wylde, sighted it in, and took it hunting, much to the dismay of some coons that were lunching down on corn that I specifically designated "deer corn!" Effective range is about 100 yards with this nice moon we've got working for us. The tiny IR light does not help much! I guess I'll take it off, remove the battery, and put it back in the dark recesses of my shooting gear closet.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: Blast from the past - 10/25/21 03:57 AM

Man I haven't seen one of those in years!
Posted By: mikei

Re: Blast from the past - 10/25/21 11:55 AM

Yeah, I hadn't either! It was tucked away in the back of a gun safe, in it's original leather carrying case. Fortunately I had taken the batteries out of it (2 double A's) before putting it up 10 years or so ago, and when I broke it out, put fresh batteries in it and turned it on, it worked perfectly. Or as perfectly as a very early Gen 1 wiil work!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum