Texas Hunting Forum

Installing a Thermal

Posted By: Bones10

Installing a Thermal - 10/05/21 08:39 PM

I just purchased my first thermal. I want to make sure it is installed properly. Who would you suggest mounting the scope in the Carrollton, Plano, Lewisville, or Frisco area?

Re: Installing a Thermal - 10/05/21 10:42 PM

BTW, It is a Thermion 2 with the 30mm tube.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Installing a Thermal - 10/05/21 11:44 PM

Had it been me, I’d of asked my nightvision dealer to setup the scope for me…

I wouldn’t think a big box store or range would have any luck placing the thermal optic in the sweet spot for you unless you stand there and watch them do it and they get the eye relief just right.

There are special considerations whether you are using a bolt action or semi auto , again the NV dealer you bought from would probably give you better ideas for mounts and placement then a place that deals in conventional optics.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Installing a Thermal - 10/06/21 01:37 AM

Just buy a quality QD mount and get a scope mounting kit and do it yourself it’s pretty easy
Posted By: gr8fuldoug

Re: Installing a Thermal - 10/06/21 03:41 PM

If you have a moment to give us a call, 516-217-1000, we can connect you with our Pulsar tech rep who can walk you through it (whether you bought it from us or not, doesn't matter)

Re: Installing a Thermal - 10/06/21 03:48 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I struggled with availability and found it available at one of the online hunting and optics suppliers instead of a night vision dealer. Otherwise, that would have been the case. It is going on an AR-15 6.8 SPC with American Defense Recon mounts.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum