Texas Hunting Forum

Scope recommendation

Posted By: SB9969

Scope recommendation - 09/22/21 11:24 PM

Im looking to replace a couple of older scopes I have on some older guns passed down by my grandfather to me. I still hunt with the older scopes but can definitely tell the difference when I look through newer optics. I dont want to spend a ton since I need to replace several. Any good ones in the $200 range or so that might work well for me?
Thanks
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Scope recommendation - 09/23/21 12:09 AM

I might have access to a minty Weaver Kaspa 3.5-10X, in your range.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug

Re: Scope recommendation - 09/23/21 06:19 PM

It would be our pleasure to discuss different options with you if you have a few minutes to give us a call, 516-217-1000
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Scope recommendation - 09/23/21 06:28 PM

Better yet, talk to Doug, he'll do you right

Burris Fullfield II, good glass, made in the Philippines and lots of reticle and power options for under $200 new
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Scope recommendation - 09/24/21 01:45 AM

I'll 2nd Burris fullfield for the $180-$220 range.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Scope recommendation - 09/24/21 01:43 PM

Burris is a solid option. Check your local Academy; it wasn't on their website but a while back they had a two-pack of Fullfields; one was 4.5-14 and the other was 3-9. It was on clearance for $289.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Scope recommendation - 10/17/21 03:07 PM

I purchased a Fullfield II and a Droptine this year. Both 4.5-14x. I like them both, but would buy the droptine series if I was to do it again. Just a few features on the fullfield I do not care for. 1) the power ring on the droptine is a traditional ring, on the fullfield the whole ocular eyepiece rotates to change the power setting, something that would be a pita if you used flip up covers. 2) the turrets on the fullfield are barely hand adjustable because they're so small, there's just not much to grab. Only an issue when sighting in, but an issue none the less. But the caps are more streamline than on the fullfield too, so it could be a trade-off I suppose.

I have yet to find a sunshade available for them though. Something that could come in handy at the bench and late evening in one particular stand I hunt.

Both hold zero just fine, one on a 708 and the other on a 3006.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum