Texas Hunting Forum

Bushnell Match Pro

Posted By: DStroud

Bushnell Match Pro - 09/13/21 03:10 PM

I picked up one of these for my new Lefty handed Bergara B14R 22 RF just based off a couple reviews and the fact it was relatively cheap but sounded like exactly what I needed.
I mounted it with a 30 MOA base from Brownells and a set of Iota rings I already had sitting here.
I can say this is the best 450.00 scope I have seen to date.
Once mounted with 30 MOA base I have 12.7 Mils of elevation left which was allowing me to hit a 12 inch plate albeit low at 300 yards. Using reticle holdover I made a first shot hit on steel at 400 and and immediately stopped while I was ahead. cool
There are several reviews on line so I won’t get too detailed but the glass is really better than I expected and I was comparing it to a Kahles 6-24 I have on my 223 and not much difference to my eyes.
I was able to see the projectiles as they approached the target at 50-100 yds which maybe common with bullets at this speed.
There is no zero stop but since you really only go about 3 Mils past one revolution it’s not an issue in my mind.
I did not get the illumination model as I did not think I would ever use that feature but it’s available if you do.
If you like a FFP and can handle the low end 6x power this would actually be a nice hunting scope as the center aiming dot is big enough to be readily seen.
It’s also interesting to note it comes in a very plain brown box with no bling as Bushnell says they put all the money in the scope and not glitz and you can only buy it directly from them which is unusual too.
I shot a local NRL22 match Saturday and the MD said he has been trying to get one for a while now. I got on the notification list and within a few days was notified and acted quickly and it was here in two days.
Here is a review in case your interested

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2019/12/16/review-bushnell-match-pro-6-24x50mm-riflescope/
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Bushnell Match Pro - 09/13/21 03:15 PM

Focus down to 10 yards!! This sound exactly like what many on here have been asking for.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum