Texas Hunting Forum

Opinions on Meopta optics....?

Posted By: svbubba

Opinions on Meopta optics....? - 06/15/21 04:47 PM

anyone own any of there rifle scopes ..?...Optika6 line looks Good .......not a bad price on them also........
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Opinions on Meopta optics....? - 06/15/21 08:47 PM

I have one made for Cabelas. Really good in low light and clear. Prolly best scope I own (not that I own many).
Posted By: Huskerron

Re: Opinions on Meopta optics....? - 06/15/21 09:26 PM

Meoptas are made in the Czech Republic where the cost of labor is a little lower than for their German counterparts. Pretty good glass at their pricepoint. I too don’t own any Meopta’s, but I have a pair of Cabela’s Euros binoculars and a 4x12 Euro rifles scope. I compared them to Zeiss Conquests prior to purchase of both. During the day, I tended towards the Zeiss by a small margin. During dark thirty, the Euro’s buried the Zeiss in light transmission. On the downside, the Euro’s (Meopta’s) are slightly heavier. As of today, I have slightly more Zeiss than Euro’s. Had Cabelas stayed in business, I might not have done it that way.
Posted By: Rounder

Re: Opinions on Meopta optics....? - 06/15/21 10:03 PM

I like Meopta although own only one. It is my understanding that they make the glass for the Zeiss Conquest. Could be wrong.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Opinions on Meopta optics....? - 06/16/21 12:28 AM

I own at least three of them and think the glass is very good. Some of the older models are quite heavy, but there's nothing wrong with the optics. I've not yet looked through one of the Optikas.
Posted By: Huskerron

Re: Opinions on Meopta optics....? - 06/16/21 12:38 AM

They are pretty similar during broad daylight. Colors tended to look better through the Zeiss Conquests. But like I said once the sun went down, there was quite an advantage favoring the Euro’s (Meopta’s).
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Opinions on Meopta optics....? - 06/16/21 01:51 AM

I have a 6x Meopro and an old Zeiss conquest that is a rebadge Meopro. The glass is outstanding for the price, I heard the Optika is a less optically but have more features.
Posted By: Bart H

Re: Opinions on Meopta optics....? - 06/16/21 03:04 PM

First off, I'm a Texan and I do some freelance work with Meopta. That being said, I will shoot straight with you about any of Meopta's products. I have used most of them and bought many of them for my own use. The Optika6 riflescopes are very nice optics. Loaded with features but do run on the stocky side in weight, a few extra ounces, not pounds. The 30mm tube and choice of FFP or SFP and whatever reticle you desire gives you a lot of flexibility. Two years ago I hunted with the Optika6 3-18x50 SFP Dichro reticle. I was impressed! I took a nice old buck and then loaned my rifle to my buddies Nephew and his Gf and they both harvested nice deer at the crack of dawn in thick woods. Very good low light performance and now you can dial in any of Meopta's reticles using Strelok Pro. This makes it great for using your ballistic info to get accurate drops for quick shots. Meopta also has the more streamlined Optika5 with a 1-inch tube a less weight. The reviews on these have been very good and the demand so high that there is a waitlist to get one right now. The 5 and 6 share the same glass which is almost the same quality as the older MeoPro scope. I do not do any sales and there are a lot of Authorized retailers located in TX. If there's anything I can help you out with, just let me know. Meopta does have an excellent program for LE/Mil/First Responders as well. If you are looking for a long-range scope, the 4-5-27 or 5-30 34mm tube can get the job done.

[img][IMG]https://hosting.photobucket.co...=960&height=720&fit=bounds[/img][/img]
Posted By: svbubba

Re: Opinions on Meopta optics....? - 06/16/21 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bart H
First off, I'm a Texan and I do some freelance work with Meopta. That being said, I will shoot straight with you about any of Meopta's products. I have used most of them and bought many of them for my own use. The Optika6 riflescopes are very nice optics. Loaded with features but do run on the stocky side in weight, a few extra ounces, not pounds. The 30mm tube and choice of FFP or SFP and whatever reticle you desire gives you a lot of flexibility. Two years ago I hunted with the Optika6 3-18x50 SFP Dichro reticle. I was impressed! I took a nice old buck and then loaned my rifle to my buddies Nephew and his Gf and they both harvested nice deer at the crack of dawn in thick woods. Very good low light performance and now you can dial in any of Meopta's reticles using Strelok Pro. This makes it great for using your ballistic info to get accurate drops for quick shots. Meopta also has the more streamlined Optika5 with a 1-inch tube a less weight. The reviews on these have been very good and the demand so high that there is a waitlist to get one right now. The 5 and 6 share the same glass which is almost the same quality as the older MeoPro scope. I do not do any sales and there are a lot of Authorized retailers located in TX. If there's anything I can help you out with, just let me know. Meopta does have an excellent program for LE/Mil/First Responders as well. If you are looking for a long-range scope, the 4-5-27 or 5-30 34mm tube can get the job done.

[img][IMG]https://hosting.photobucket.co...=960&height=720&fit=bounds[/img][/img]

hi there john in AZ.......do you think they can handle the recoil on a Mission sub 1 crossbow...? it is a medium recoil Xbow...
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Opinions on Meopta optics....? - 06/17/21 02:24 PM

I own one and like it. Much clearer than Leupold scope. But if you have an issue it has to be sent back to Czechoslovakia and that takes time.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Opinions on Meopta optics....? - 06/18/21 04:51 AM

Meopta makes really good stuff. Wouldn't hesitate to pick one up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum