Texas Hunting Forum

Nikon positive experience

Posted By: Lalo

Nikon positive experience - 04/06/21 06:39 PM

Seems like I have heard of guys on here having bad experiences lately with Nikon, so I thought I would share my good experience. Monarch 5 binocuars, about 6 or 8 years old. Eye cup was stripped and then broke. I wanted to contact them to buy the part, but they replied with instructions for mailing it in, which I did. I didnt have a receipt or anything, just sent them in with the sheet they had me print out. They fixed it, no question asked, no charge, and even said they inspected it for focus, etc. They paid the shipping back to me.
I don't know what is going on. I guess Nikon used to have a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty, and maybe they don't any more, but still honor it on older serial number binos like mine. Not disputing the bad experiences of anyone else, just reporting that mine was excellent.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Nikon positive experience - 04/06/21 08:10 PM

I've heard they stopped manufacturing and honoring warranty work on firearm scopes but will still repair photography and other optics under their warranty. Just what was floating around a couple years ago or so. Glad they took care of you.
Posted By: Blanco

Re: Nikon positive experience - 04/09/21 02:31 AM

Nikon has been in financial trouble for several years. Sony has been selling more cameras at about 10 ~1.
Their trouble stemmed from old school management with outdated ideas.
To stay afloat they shut down the sport optics and sold their medical optics division.
They will only have the photography line and from the looks of it they will likely either file bankruptcy or be bought out by a competitor.
Too bad, they just seemed to be getting some really nice rifle scopes into the lineup.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum