Texas Hunting Forum

Vintage Leupold MX7-4X

Posted By: Texican

Vintage Leupold MX7-4X - 03/27/21 03:51 PM

So I have an old Leupold MX7-4x scope that has been in my hunting closet. Serial number is 076xx. Not sure how old this thing is, but likely older than me.

Anyways, planning to send it in for "cleanup". It has a bit of cloudiness (not too bad when looking through it normally, but if you looks at the lens from an angle it is dirty looking). Anything special I should tell them or take into consideration? I have never done this before.

Also not sure what I may want to put this on. Just want it ready whenever I figure that out.

Thanks
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Vintage Leupold MX7-4X - 03/27/21 05:31 PM

Depending on how old it is, they might not work on it. I sent them a really old M8 6 power, and got a letter giving reasons why they could no longer service it. They sent me a new 6 power.

Re: Vintage Leupold MX7-4X - 03/27/21 05:42 PM

Ok. Any charge for the replacement? Or was that covered by warranty?
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Vintage Leupold MX7-4X - 03/27/21 09:24 PM

I paid to ship it to them. That was my total expense. The scope was over 40 years old, and I didn’t expect them to replace it.
Posted By: dee

Re: Vintage Leupold MX7-4X - 03/28/21 02:29 AM

Same here. Had an old 4x that I sent in. They informed me it was no longer serviceable and mailed me a new model equivalent. Only downside was time frame as they were not speedy at all.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Vintage Leupold MX7-4X - 03/28/21 06:10 PM

These guys specialize in restoring older scopes, when the factories won't. If the one you have has any sentimental value, I would not return it to Leupold.

https://www.vintagegunscopes.com/

Re: Vintage Leupold MX7-4X - 03/28/21 07:48 PM

No sentimental value on this one.

Curious - what is/was the replacement equivalent model?
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Vintage Leupold MX7-4X - 03/28/21 09:12 PM

FX-II 4x32, they no longer make it either but I’m sure they have replacements on the shelf for it. It’s just a couple of years out of production.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum