Texas Hunting Forum

Flir T-60

Posted By: leswad

Flir T-60 - 03/13/21 05:35 PM

Buddy is letting me borrow his. Should be fun.

[Linked Image][/url]
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Flir T-60 - 03/14/21 01:49 AM

Is he going with you to help carry it? smile
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Flir T-60 - 03/14/21 03:40 AM

That is a slick freaking unit right there. Nice cheers
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Flir T-60 - 03/14/21 06:50 AM

There's gonna bit some education going on...

Re: Flir T-60 - 03/14/21 01:50 PM

Damnit! Unit fired up fine, but screen started to go gray after a while. Now to see how warranty works with flir; hopefully, it is repairable.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Flir T-60 - 03/14/21 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by leswad
Damnit! Unit fired up fine, but screen started to go gray after a while. Now to see how warranty works with flir; hopefully, it is repairable.

Good luck. One guy on here had issues and they ended up refunding his money after sending him 2 or 3 used units in exchange. I had a relatively painless (read several months long wait) for my 536 repair but they did repair it. They've pretty much lost interest in the hunting consumer market for various reasons.

Re: Flir T-60 - 03/14/21 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by leswad

Well, I see you are skipping a couple of grades and getting into some of the more advanced education from FLIR products.

I have to ask, are you NUCing the image or is it not on Auto NUC? If not, the issue is user error. If you are NUCing the image or it is on auto NUC (Does the T60 have auto NUC?), then you may be in trouble and need service.

FLIR, in the last couple of years, has become a more unfriendly service company. Good luck with navigating the system. Hopefully, they will take care of you in a timely manner. However, if you are just borrowing the scope, as noted, you may be "borrowing" it for months while it is in FLIR's hands.

TX_LT230FH isn't incorrect, but is understated in saying that FLIR has lost interest in the hunting consumer market. They have STOPPED selling civilian weapon sights. Their VP in charge of the civilian side is anti-hunting. Somehow, FLIR screwed up with their RS line of scopes that were crap and in trying to recapture the market, bought Armasight and repatterned FLIR scopes based on the Armasight style and managed to screw up and again fail with another product offering, the Thermosight line of scopes that were so crappy they could not even get a 640 resolution version to market.

The T-60 is supposed to be a quality unit, however, from their old days. I am hoping this is just user error.

Re: Flir T-60 - 03/14/21 11:38 PM

Unit does not automatically NUC, but I did manually do it and it made the screen worse. I guess we will get a lesson on FLIR support.

Re: Flir T-60 - 03/15/21 12:48 AM

Can you bring up the menu or see any other screen icons?

Re: Flir T-60 - 03/15/21 12:58 AM

It only has NUC and white/black button. No manual was included with this old unit, and it is leaking some black crap.

Re: Flir T-60 - 03/15/21 05:36 AM

Wow, that is rather disturbing. Time to let your buddy have it back...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum