Texas Hunting Forum

Leupold higher end optics

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Leupold higher end optics - 02/10/21 03:36 PM

They confuse the He77 out of me

Which scope is the under $1500 favorite

Remember, I'm the last one using MOA/2nd FP.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/10/21 04:08 PM

I'll simplify....get the vx5hd or the vx6hd...pick your mag range and buy it.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/10/21 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Judd

Thanks Judd, I just saw Natchez has them for a pretty good price (I think)
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/10/21 07:01 PM

Easy choice right there. Both will serve you well with great glass. Get the firedot. Get the firedot get the firedot.

Get the firedot
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/10/21 09:31 PM

Agree with everything they said above. I bought a VX5 with Firedot and it's amazing.

I bought from Elk County Ammo & Arms back in Sept. They were the cheapest I found, even the guys at Camera Land couldn't match it, but they are certainly worth calling as well because they'll beat most prices you find online.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/10/21 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by wp75169

Easy choice right there. Both will serve you well with great glass. Get the firedot. Get the firedot get the firedot.

Get the firedot

Get the Firedot.
Posted By: AZ_Hunter_2000

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/11/21 12:08 AM

If you shop around, you may be able to find the Mark V for about that price.

While I have a couple of scopes with the Firedot, I'd go with a different reticle if you plan on shooting at distance (stupid decision on my part since I rarely get a close shot for what I hunt). It is hard to hold the wind with the Firedot. You'll need to either dial the wind or leverage Kentucky windage.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/11/21 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
Agree with everything they said above. I bought a VX5 with Firedot and it's amazing.

I bought from Elk County Ammo & Arms back in Sept. They were the cheapest I found, even the guys at Camera Land couldn't match it, but they are certainly worth calling as well because they'll beat most prices you find online.

This is an awesome price from what I can tell. https://ammoandarmsstore.com/175834/
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/11/21 02:04 AM

If your looking for a SFP and weight matters they are solid. If you want FFP there are much better options for same money or less. If 1500 was my budget I would take a very hard look at the SFP Tract Toric. Glass wise equivalent (to my eyes) as my swarm and German Swiss. Also would take a Sightron or gently used NF NXS sfp over the Leupold’s. Imo Leupy is still reading its name from 10 years ago and optics and optics have jumped by leaps and bounds since then and they haven’t kept up with the times. FYI there is a reason Tract Toric scopes rarely come up for resale people love them and they are a great value that it’s not worth selling them used.
Posted By: bphillips

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/11/21 02:09 AM

I’ll likely have a mark5 on my next rifle. I know it’s not under 1500 but can be had for 1700. On my custom mountain rifle I have a mark6 and it has been flawless. Glass is noticeably better than the nightforce nxs I had before and it’s much lighter but I’m sure you give up some durability.

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/11/21 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by bphillips
I’ll likely have a mark5 on my next rifle. I know it’s not under 1500 but can be had for 1700. On my custom mountain rifle I have a mark6 and it has been flawless.

I do like my mark 5 and 6 (3-18’s), but for what they go for retail wise they are way over priced.

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/11/21 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by jorge
I’ll likely have a mark5 on my next rifle. I know it’s not under 1500 but can be had for 1700. On my custom mountain rifle I have a mark6 and it has been flawless.

I do like my mark 5 and 6 (3-18’s), but for what they go for retail wise they are way over priced.

Absolutely I waited until Liberty Optics was running a sale and got my 6 for $1480. No brainer for that
Posted By: eneat1119

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/11/21 03:15 AM

Midway has the VX-6HD 3-18x44 for sale right now for $1199. Hard to beat that price.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018308168?pid=492915

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/11/21 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by jorge

Absolutely I waited until Liberty Optics was running a sale and got my 6 for $1480. No brainer for that

Nice score! I Got a good deal on a gently used 6. I lucked out on my 5. Cabelas had them mispriced at $999 (TMR non-illuminated) and a buddy in New Mexico picked one up for me.
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/12/21 02:56 PM

I've got two VX-6HD 3-18X50 scopes. Both have Firedot. One is on a 6.5CM and one is on a 300WM. I love them!!

Re: Leupold higher end optics - 02/13/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by eneat1119
Midway has the VX-6HD 3-18x44 for sale right now for $1199. Hard to beat that price.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018308168?pid=492915

This in a heartbeat
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum