Texas Hunting Forum

Ar pistol optic

Posted By: brokenpole

Ar pistol optic - 01/15/21 11:56 PM

Saint AR pistol, what’s the best for it ?
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/16/21 01:49 AM

I just put one of the “Justice” model on one of my Glocks and my shotgun. To early to tell longevity but man it’s easy to pick up and adds no weight

I was also looking at the Holosuns

https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/liberty-justice
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/16/21 01:52 AM

Best?

Trijicon RMR
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/16/21 02:25 AM

The best for an AR platform would the Trijicon MRO as far as compactness and ruggedness. The RMR belongs on pistols.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/16/21 04:44 AM

Aimpoint comp m5
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/16/21 12:21 PM

Sig Romeo 5 will work for less.

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/16/21 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
The best for an AR platform would the Trijicon MRO as far as compactness and ruggedness. The RMR belongs on pistols.

"Saint AR pistol"
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/17/21 05:31 AM

I looked at a Holuson 510c yesterday and really liked it. May go back and get it for my AR pistol.
Posted By: RSTX

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/17/21 09:58 AM

I put a Leupold red dot on my 300 BO pistol. It is certainly not the best but it works fine.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/18/21 03:17 PM

I have an Aimpoint T1 Micro on one and a MRO on another. The MRO wins by the way
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/18/21 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by BigPig

"Saint AR pistol"

Is it not an “AR platform?” Pretty sure it is unless they’ve done some hocus pocus with it. Hers a visual of the “Saint AR pistol” vs “Saint AR rifle” They look like an AR too me.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/18/21 08:07 PM

No chit? I had no idea. The A and the R in AR pistol completely escaped me.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/18/21 08:21 PM

Apparently, given your previous argument roflmao

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/18/21 08:28 PM

Trijicon RMR works great on an AR pistol. First hand experience.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/18/21 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by snake oil
Sig Romeo 5 will work for less.

this.
open both eyes and rock it

if you shoot it from the shoulder like it was meant for peep

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/18/21 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
I just put one of the “Justice” model on one of my Glocks and my shotgun. To early to tell longevity but man it’s easy to pick up and adds no weight

I know you do a lot of research on stuff...what made you choose this one BIL?

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/19/21 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by DocHorton

I have taken a high round count (1500-1800 in 3 days) Leo instructor level pistol class the last 2 years. I noticed the instructor ( one of the best, if not) had one on one of his many guns and constantly took it on it off and on with no issues. He shoots probably 50,000 rounds a year. I’m not sure how many he shot with the sight but I knew that number was much higher than I shoot. I briefly looked through the glass and found it to be super clear. At the time I didn’t even know what it was. I was shopping for a red dot. Of course I like a Trijicon rmr but I don’t like the price or the sight picture. I don’t like the glass on the leupold Delta point. The Acro window was to small. I like the Holosun and a few tactical guys are starting to run it. So I found the logo on google and I researched the Swampfox sights. There weren’t many negatives and had the best pricing ( Black Friday). So I bought 3. So far I have one on my 1301 tactical I sighted in with slugs and one on my Glock 34. They also came with Steel shrouds. So for my varmint hunting and range time it was a no brainer. If they hold up I may try it on duty some day. I looked at all of them and I was most impressed with the Swampfox and Holosuns for glass, shake awake, dot clarity, and top loading battery.

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/19/21 03:25 AM

Also an “ rmr” red dot sight with a riser on an AR is pretty nice. Just saying
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/19/21 03:48 AM

I put a leupold RDS on mine and I love it.

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/19/21 03:54 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Ar pistol optic - 01/19/21 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by DocHorton

I have taken a high round count (1500-1800 in 3 days) Leo instructor level pistol class the last 2 years. I noticed the instructor ( one of the best, if not) had one on one of his many guns and constantly took it on it off and on with no issues. He shoots probably 50,000 rounds a year. I’m not sure how many he shot with the sight but I knew that number was much higher than I shoot. I briefly looked through the glass and found it to be super clear. At the time I didn’t even know what it was. I was shopping for a red dot. Of course I like a Trijicon rmr but I don’t like the price or the sight picture. I don’t like the glass on the leupold Delta point. The Acro window was to small. I like the Holosun and a few tactical guys are starting to run it. So I found the logo on google and I researched the Swampfox sights. There weren’t many negatives and had the best pricing ( Black Friday). So I bought 3. So far I have one on my 1301 tactical I sighted in with slugs and one on my Glock 34. They also came with Steel shrouds. So for my varmint hunting and range time it was a no brainer. If they hold up I may try it on duty some day. I looked at all of them and I was most impressed with the Swampfox and Holosuns for glass, shake awake, dot clarity, and top loading battery.

Thank you, Sir. Great info.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum