Texas Hunting Forum

Maven Customer service

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Maven Customer service - 01/14/21 11:26 PM

As some have observed I'm a little rough on stuff. Off top of my head, I've had customer service experiences with Luppy, Swaro, Vortex, Ziess and Burris... Oh and technically nikon but I wouldnt use service to describe nikon, service means the actually did something.

Any way last week hunting in NM, I finally broke my 5 year old B2(11x45), totally my fault. Also I'm currently in need of a passenger side head light and front shock for F250 also now, if anyone knows a good deal let me know.

Anyway I Shipped them out Monday night to WY, just got email stating in addition to what I broke they found some other things they couldn't fix there, so instead of having to send them off for four weeks to fix them, they are sending me a new pair out today. Great company, great glass.... Outstanding CS

They are now tied for fastest company turnaround.

I’ve been debating on a pair 15x between Meopta and Maven, Mavens customer service pretty much decided that question.

Anyway thought I'd pass it along.

Posted By: syncerus

Re: Maven Customer service - 01/15/21 04:40 PM

There are enough companies with lousy service, that it's important to point out the good ones.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Maven Customer service - 01/17/21 01:43 AM

Do you need that many diff optics or want that many, or just trying to stimulate the economy. Or maybe just need to have backups to the backups.....asking for a friend.
And yes, customer service is almost obsolete.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Maven Customer service - 01/17/21 11:50 PM

Glad you posted this mainly because I own the same Binoculars but also it’s good to let folks know when companies are doing it right!

Re: Maven Customer service - 01/18/21 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by freerange
Do you need that many diff optics or want that many, or just trying to stimulate the economy. Or maybe just need to have backups to the backups.....asking for a friend.
And yes, customer service is almost obsolete.

I'm actually pretty basic. What I normally use:

11x45 bino for just about every thing
7x Sig 2400 range finder
11-33x50 vortex spotter for ultra light trips
Swaro 80mm sts for truck stuff.

I really like field of view of bino’s out west over a spotter. Why I'm adding either 15 or 18x. I don't need to count rings and I just hunt a frame not a score.

If swaro made a 15x NL Pure RANGE, I'd probably forgo just about every thing else except swaro spotter.

Re: Maven Customer service - 01/18/21 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by DStroud
Glad you posted this mainly because I own the same Binoculars but also it’s good to let folks know when companies are doing it right!

When I say I've abused them, by that I mean the Orange rings on the ends,,,, aren't round any more. Fallen down mountains, bounced miles on my dash(F250 and Mule), etc

I actually feel some what gilty they are sending me a new pair.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Maven Customer service - 01/18/21 03:08 AM

Is the Vortex spotter extra small or is the Swaro 80 extra big? My Nikon P1000 camera doubles as my spotter but Ive gotten away from hunting more open country or I would probably still need to use my Leupold spotter. My backpack is always full so if I go back to carrying my big camera AND a spotter I may research a smaller spotter(no rush.)
Posted By: JB1316

Re: Maven Customer service - 01/18/21 03:09 AM

That's great feedback. I bought their cheap pair, the C1, a couple of years ago and have been very happy with them. Glad to hear if I get around the breaking them I'll be in good hands.

Re: Maven Customer service - 01/18/21 03:20 PM

Is the Vortex spotter extra small or is the Swaro 80 extra big? My Nikon P1000 camera doubles as my spotter but Ive gotten away from hunting more open country or I would probably still need to use my Leupold spotter. My backpack is always full so if I go back to carrying my big camera AND a spotter I may research a smaller spotter(no rush.)

Size Reference

[Linked Image]

I’ll carry my canon PS 50x to blind but not out west. It’s a waste to use as a spotter, not enough resolution @ high mag.

The little vortex is nice but has a narrow field of view.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Maven Customer service - 01/18/21 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Size Reference

[Linked Image]

I’ll carry my canon PS 50x to blind but not out west. It’s a waste to use as a spotter, not enough resolution @ high mag.

The little vortex is nice but has a narrow field of view.

Some people never learn.... bang
[Linked Image]
roflmao

Re: Maven Customer service - 01/18/21 03:48 PM

Lol, that was the one I left to give Mark something to find roflmao

I’m about to wrap new one in orange tape, and 550 cord
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Maven Customer service - 01/18/21 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Lol, that was the one I left to give Mark something to find roflmao

I’m about to wrap new one in orange tape, and 550 cord