Texas Hunting Forum

New Burris Optics Line of Thermal!

Posted By: TXGH

New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/13/21 06:36 PM

Their post ***

Take night hunting to a new level with three game-changing new thermal optics from Burris.

The Thermal Handheld will hot track targets out past 750 yards in the dead of night and features real time WIFI-to-mobile connectivity that allows a mobile device to simultaneously view, control, and record from the handheld using the Burris Thermal App. Add in 5 color palettes, stadiametric ranging, hot track, brightness and contrast controls, picture-in-picture, and an incredibly smooth 4X zoom feature and you have one of the most useful and full featured scanning and tracking tools on the market at any price!

The Thermal Clip-On can be used either as a handheld thermal for scanning, finding targets, and blood tracking AND to convert your traditional rifle scope to a thermal scope in seconds using a quick disconnect adaptor. With 1, 2, and 4x digital zoom, 4 color palettes, picture-in-picture, stadiametric ranging, hot tracking, and brightness and contract controls, the Clip-On can be customized to your exact hunting needs. The included cable even allows you to connect to an external battery so you don't have to stop for a low battery when the action is hot.

The feature rich, 4x Thermal Scope offers unmatched performance and value as a dedicated night hunting optic with your choice of 10 reticles and 7 color palettes to fine tune your night hunting experience. With options for stadiametric ranging, picture-in-picture, hot tracking, and brightness and contrast controls you won't find a more feature rich thermal scope on the market at this price.

Each thermal optic style comes in two sizes (35mm objective and 50mm objective) for choices in field of view and zoom range.

Level up with thermal optics from Burris - Find What Matters!
Posted By: syncerus

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/13/21 06:51 PM

I suppose it was only a matter of time until one of the larger players decided to enter the market. It will be interesting to watch Leupold's response.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/13/21 08:32 PM

Eventually the competition has to lead to lower prices and better features. Bring it on!
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/13/21 08:40 PM

That clip-on has my attention.
Posted By: Harkriscar

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/13/21 10:21 PM

Pulsar has a clip on. It’s not getting good reviews. But does seem like a good idea.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/13/21 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Eventually the competition has to lead to lower prices and better features. Bring it on!

One of two reasons I have waited over ten years to buy a thermal rifle scope.

The other is to let technology to continue to improve.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/13/21 11:19 PM

Are these at retailers? I'm coming up with nothing. Suggested retail at Burris is $3700.00.
Posted By: BbarVRanch

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/13/21 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Are these at retailers? I'm coming up with nothing. Suggested retail at Burris is $3700.00.

It probably won't vary much from that price.

the better manufacturers have approved dealers and the dealers are bound to not sell their products too low, or too high.

In other words, the manufacturer sets the selling prices, and the dealers are bound by that.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/13/21 11:52 PM

It looks a lot like the overseas thermal tech that is being deployed by various US optics companies in various different housings.

What sets them all apart would be price point

However more critical would be the firmware, base mount , and lens quality differences
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 01:37 AM

I have never seen a reticle dance like that. No way is zero maintained when it does that.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 01:48 AM

I’ll stick with my Trail 2
Posted By: gr8fuldoug

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG

If you wait for technology improvements before you buy a product you'll never buy as there will always be improvements. IMO, once the features offered match your need or interest it's time.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 02:47 PM

MSRP for the scope - $3800 - $4400

MSRP for the scope - $3800 - $4400
MSRP for the clip on - $4800 - $5500

Not yet Jason.

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
I have never seen a reticle dance like that. No way is zero maintained when it does that.

Are you talking about the hot tracking? That is not the reticle dancing around. Its another feature that comes up on the screen separate to target hot spots for your eyes
Posted By: TX0303

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 03:25 PM

sportoptics.com has them on their site for pre-order. Retail price looks in line with Bering.

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 03:26 PM

I have seen a few on facebook post they are pre selling at around 3,000 instead of the msrp of 3800
Posted By: syncerus

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 03:38 PM

Not to be negative, but I'd wait until the guinea pigs got done identifying and fixing the inevitable first wave of bugs.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by syncerus
Not to be negative, but I'd wait until the guinea pigs got done identifying and fixing the inevitable first wave of bugs.

Yes sir, never buy the first generation of anything. I’ve learned over the years and hundreds of thousands of dollars later this is a bad idea.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

Yes sir, never buy the first generation of anything. I’ve learned over the years and hundreds of thousands of dollars later this is a bad idea.

I agree !

Early adopter programs at 3k - 5k entry price isn’t usually a good thing

The commercial didn’t sell me on anything , I wonder what the experience and background is of the hunter in that infomercial .........
Posted By: ccoker

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 05:19 PM

I will be getting one in to review soon..
Posted By: J.G.

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

If you wait for technology improvements before you buy a product you'll never buy as there will always be improvements. IMO, once the features offered match your need or interest it's time.

Look at the thermal rifle scopes from over 10 years ago. The image clarity and the price.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/14/21 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Look at the thermal rifle scopes from over 10 years ago. The image clarity and the price.

I got an IR Hunter Mark2 probably 7 years ago when they first came out. Same scope now is $500 more with the same features. If you get top of the line or at least 640 resolution very little will change and prices have not dropped at all. Also have a Pulsar Apex 384 resolution, also 5-6 years old....pretty much same price now with only a few minor feature differences.

If you really want one just buy it...waiting isn't gonna matter that much.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: New Burris Optics Line of Thermal! - 01/16/21 04:10 AM

I suppose it was only a matter of time until one of the larger players decided to enter the market. It will be interesting to watch Leupold's response.

Trijicon has been doing this for years, LOL.

As for Burris being a larger player, gotta wonder why they are using a copied scope.
https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...2/gonew/1/burris-thermal-opinions#UNREAD
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum