Texas Hunting Forum

Best place to buy Swaro binos

Posted By: TTT Ranch

Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 01:01 AM

I’m looking to purchase the 12x EL’s. Any websites that are a better deal than Cabelas etc?
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 01:09 AM

I need 10X binos. Have 'em in the cart at Camera Land (NYC), but looking for a better deal.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 01:11 AM

Sale here. I've bought frequently from them.

https://www.sportoptics.com/swarovski-el-binoculars.aspx

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I need 10X binos. Have 'em in the cart at Camera Land (NYC), but looking for a better deal.

Call Doug at Camera Land before you check out.
Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 02:01 AM

All retailers (online) will have the same price, per SONA (Swarovski Optik North America). With that said, the most prudent thing to do is to begin by calling optic dealers.
CameralnadNY - Doug
Sport Optics - Chris
Liberty Optics - Scott
Euro Optic - Alex
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 02:07 AM

My local gun store just ran a 15% off all in stock optics this past week for Christmas. Swaro NLs, in stock, Z8,Z6,Z5, Z3 in stock. The BTX and all spotting scopes. Yes, I couldn’t resist. Love small local stores.

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 02:08 AM

I just bought a pair of Steiner 8x42 from Sports Optics today.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Theringworm
My local gun store just ran a 15% off all in stock optics this past week for Christmas. Swaro NLs, in stock, Z8,Z6,Z5, Z3 in stock. The BTX and all spotting scopes. Yes, I couldn’t resist. Love small local stores.

Yes I would check with local and/or big box stores first. The info on other forums is that the optics websites are backordered. Especially on the 12x, which is the high demand model. The prices won’t differ much because of the contract so if Cabela’s has them you might want to pull the trigger. (If someone sells them for under the allowed base price they are subject to losing their Swaro line.) Base price is about $200 under suggested retail.

I have the 12x NLs. I ordered mine from Outdoorsmans because I wanted their bino stud installed since I have the adapter. Got mine last month but they are backordered until Feb. 21st now. I heard Scheel’s in The Colony had them but that may be dated information by now. Cameraland is probably your best shot online.

Good luck! One thing I will say is they are well worth the wait. They are a game-changing piece of equipment and those don’t come along very often. Remarkable in every respect. FOV, ergonomics, contrast, clarity, light gathering - the works.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 03:15 AM

I’m just throwing out my opinion here so take it for what it’s worth. The Swaro’s are a fine piece of glass but if you haven’t at least looked through a pair of Razor HD 12X50’s you may want to give them look. I was an inch away from buying some EL’s earlier and I was told to compare the two side by side. I did and I could “Maybe” tell a slight difference but if I had to put a price on the “PossibleDifference” I’d say maybe a hundred bucks and that’s more so just because they we’re EL’s. I ended up with 2 pair of Razors in 8X42 and 12X50 and still had money left over. I may get bashed but when you look side by side I’m 100% positive at least $1500 of Swaro’s is for the name. I have no problem with the price of the EL’s but if I can get something of 99% the same quality it’s a no brainer for me. Food for thought flag
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 03:38 AM

Check out Zeiss. Got a pair of Conquest HD 10x42 totally legit. Optics Planet
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 03:51 AM

There are definitely several mid-tier binoculars that will approach the clarity of the Big 3 (Swarovski, Zeiss, and Leica). Especially in the bright lights and limited ranges of a side by side test in a store setting or just outside a store. The real differences become apparent when long periods are spent behind the glass, when looking over long distances, picking out detail in low light situations or trying to discern an antler from a limb, etc.

For most hunting in Texas a good quality mid-tier binocular is plenty. Out west or up north top tier glass really comes to the fore.

Even here though with the NLs I can see bucks coming into my plot well enough to judge them long after legal shooting time and long after my Swaro scope can pick them up. Which is kind of a blessing and a curse.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by TTT Ranch
I’m looking to purchase the 12x EL’s. Any websites that are a better deal than Cabelas etc?

Call epic outdoors. They’ve been good to.me
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 02:27 PM

Bear Basin
Posted By: Kobeer

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 02:42 PM

SWFA
Posted By: gr8fuldoug

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 02:50 PM

It's always our pleasure to work with the members here. please give us a call, 516-217-1000
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kobeer
SWFA

Their price can always be smoked
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

scratch I wonder why? roflmao
Epic Outdoors: What did you lose now?
Clown: Well.....
rofl
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

scratch I wonder why? roflmao
Epic Outdoors: What did you lose now?
Clown: Well.....
rofl

They are great about frequent customer discounts. I don't feel bad. Carter said he lost a pair of el ranges. 🤣

Pretty sure swaro developed Orange optics just for me
Posted By: AZ_Hunter_2000

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 12/24/20 10:40 PM

Like Skylar said, pick up the phone and call. Ask them what they can do. A few minutes can save you a ton of money.
Posted By: TTT Ranch

Re: Best place to buy Swaro binos - 03/07/21 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
It's always our pleasure to work with the members here. please give us a call, 516-217-1000

It was a pleasure doing business with Camera Land. Great price, great service and $0 tax.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum