Texas Hunting Forum

Nikon

Posted By: leswad

Nikon - 12/20/20 11:56 PM

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/12/26/nikon-withdrawal-rifle-scope-business/
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Nikon - 12/21/20 12:50 AM

Old news. That article was from December 26, 2019
Posted By: leswad

Re: Nikon - 12/21/20 01:15 AM

Darn it
Posted By: Earl

Re: Nikon - 12/21/20 05:23 AM

Yeah you probably missed out on all the good sales too unless there are still some in the supply chain (doubtful after the way this year has been). Before the Covid crap there were some really good deals on the Nikon Black line.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Nikon - 12/21/20 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Earl
Yeah you probably missed out on all the good sales too unless there are still some in the supply chain (doubtful after the way this year has been). Before the Covid crap there were some really good deals on the Nikon Black line.

I wouldn't buy a Nikon scope. No warranty. If you have to send it in, they won't fix it. They'll just send you a gift certificate to buy something from thier online store. Of course, you can't buy a scope to replace your broken scope because they don't make scopes anymore.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Nikon - 12/21/20 07:08 PM

While I wouldn't recommend buying one since they don't make them anymore, my brother has a Nikon Black FX-1000 on a 30-06 Rem 700 LR. Its a very nice shooting combo. 3 years of light use with no issues. If they were going to keep selling/supporting them I wouldn't have an issue with owning one from what I have seen with his.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Nikon - 12/25/20 02:52 AM

Now that’s what I call being a day late and a dollar short.
Posted By: Earl

Re: Nikon - 12/25/20 07:27 PM

While it's true that they are no longer supported, I've never needed to send anything made by Nikon in for service. I wouldn't reject a good Nikon buy just because they aren't made or supported anymore. Indeed most of my hunting rifles still have Nikon glass on them and probably will still have it on them the day I die.
Posted By: reed35

Re: Nikon - 01/01/21 01:18 AM

While it's true that they are no longer supported, I've never needed to send anything made by Nikon in for service. I wouldn't reject a good Nikon buy just because they aren't made or supported anymore. Indeed most of my hunting rifles still have Nikon glass on them and probably will still have it on them the day I die.

Same here, all of mine are still in great shape.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Nikon - 01/05/21 04:32 AM

I had to send one back. I got a gift certificate to Nikon's online store because they said they couldn't fix it, and couldn't replace it because they no longer make scopes. I ended up getting a rangefinder...but that didn't solve my s ope issue.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum