Texas Hunting Forum

Fixed Power Scout Scope

Posted By: Smilner01

Fixed Power Scout Scope - 12/17/20 07:40 PM

Looking to possibly upgrade my scout scope on a compact levergun. Anyone use the Burris or Leupold fixed power scout and likes & dislikes.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Fixed Power Scout Scope - 12/17/20 08:09 PM

Go with the 2.5x Leupold. The variables are all heavy and clunky. The 2.5 Leupold is very functional out to reasonable distances. FWIW, mine is mounted on a .500 A2, so no durability concerns. I also own the 3-12x Burris, and it's great for load testing, but it's quite the pig otherwise.
Posted By: Smilner01

Re: Fixed Power Scout Scope - 12/17/20 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by syncerus
Go with the 2.5x Leupold. The variables are all heavy and clunky. The 2.5 Leupold is very functional out to reasonable distances. FWIW, mine is mounted on a .500 A2, so no durability concerns. I also own the 3-12x Burris, and it's great for load testing, but it's quite the pig otherwise.

The 2.5 Leupold was one I have been eyeing, as well as the 2.75 Burris. I have several Leupold scopes but never really had any experience with Burris.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Fixed Power Scout Scope - 12/17/20 09:39 PM

Generally speaking, I'm happy with the IER Burris scopes. I've got both the 2.75 fixed and the 3-12x variable. There's nothing wrong with the 2.75x, but the Leupold is lighter and I believe the glass is better. Then again, it's more expensive, so that's to be expected. FWIW, I think both are good products.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum