Texas Hunting Forum

Need more MOA tilt

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Need more MOA tilt - 09/15/20 09:29 PM

my .22lr has an integrated 20MOA rail , I need another 20 MOA for 400 yard shooting. I heard Spuhr makes a rail to fit on my rail accomplishing the extra 20 MOA

I looked on Spuhr's website , didn't see it. can yall point me in the right direction?
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Need more MOA tilt - 09/15/20 09:40 PM

Check to make sure you have enough down travel also to accommodate the additional 20 MOA to keep your zero.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Need more MOA tilt - 09/15/20 10:01 PM

You could also get the Burris rings with the inserts to add more tilt. I did it on a rifle with an integrated rail that couldn't be easily replaced and it worked well. PITA to get on right, but hasn't moved a bit in the 2 years or so since being installed.

Re: Need more MOA tilt - 09/15/20 10:15 PM

After Saturday's Match, I need to get to a long range and get dope on my .22, so I can start giving y'all a laugh at the rimfire matches.

I Should be good to 200 but you crazies want to shoot .22's to 400 yards, good Lord, talk about a rainbow.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Need more MOA tilt - 09/15/20 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
You could also get the Burris rings with the inserts to add more tilt. I did it on a rifle with an integrated rail that couldn't be easily replaced and it worked well. PITA to get on right, but hasn't moved a bit in the 2 years or so since being installed.

^^^^ this

Do not stack rails on that awesome rifle.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Need more MOA tilt - 09/16/20 02:08 AM

We did 500 the other day buzz, it was dumb hard to see with the mirage

Quit trying to be different and get a long range deuce.
Posted By: TAB

Re: Need more MOA tilt - 09/16/20 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
my .22lr has an integrated 20MOA rail , I need another 20 MOA for 400 yard shooting. I heard Spuhr makes a rail to fit on my rail accomplishing the extra 20 MOA

I looked on Spuhr's website , didn't see it. can yall point me in the right direction?

This is why I got out of the 10/22 shaped receivers hard to get the cant right without mounting the scope way up in the air..

But here’s a solution, however not cheap. http://iveyshooting.com/
Ivey make an adjustable base you can get in in mils or moa.. they repeat perfectly.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Need more MOA tilt - 09/16/20 12:35 PM

It’s not really a 10/22 receiver problem. I have my scope mounted on a 50MOA rail from Murphy precision and Seekins medium rings. Works perfect and really low. The problem is with guys buying receivers with rails milled into the receiver.

Re: Need more MOA tilt - 09/16/20 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
It’s not really a 10/22 receiver problem. I have my scope mounted on a 50MOA rail from Murphy precision and Seekins medium rings. Works perfect and really low. The problem is with guys buying receivers with rails milled into the receiver.

True, and well we are pushing the 22 so far that one really needs a collection of bases for.. 40 moa base will get your to around 400-450 depending on what scope you have, 60 moa should get you close to 600 yards or beyond with a large range scope. That Ivey mount would eliminate the need for a collection of bases but it’s $800.. most guys won’t Spend $800 on their gun!

Re: Need more MOA tilt - 09/16/20 02:45 PM

Guess I'll just stick to the Volquartsen for 200 yard matches for now. Alamo Precision is perfecting a long range .22....we'll see what happens.

Saturday will tell allot where my next chunk of money goes. .22 is allot cheaper

Re: Need more MOA tilt - 09/16/20 03:33 PM

Buzz you might look into a scope like a zero compromise that has like 150 moa or something like that..
not sure how much or where you get one but the guys at Vudoo seem to like them. I want to say I saw a you tube video of Greg talking about his newest rifle and I believe I heard him say he was able to dial 500 yards with a 40 moa base..

My Nx8 4-32 with the mil c retical runs out of travel around 4-450 yards I was having to use the retical to hold over to hit the plate at 450 and I have a 40 moa base and was shooting Center-x

Another option would be a prism, night force makes one now, there’s also the Charlie tarac the nightforce is by far less cash and offers a fixed amount of shift just by placing it in front of your objective lens.
Posted By: dee

Re: Need more MOA tilt - 09/17/20 11:08 AM

I have a scope setting in a 20moa 1 piece on top of a 20moa rail. It works fine. Without an adjustable cheek piece I doubt it would be easy. Also as mentioned above scope travel amount needs to be factored in. [Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum