Texas Hunting Forum

The Athlon showed up

Posted By: 603Country

The Athlon showed up - 09/10/20 10:43 PM

Tomorrow I’m gonna give that Athlon HMR 2.5-15 a try. It’s on the gun and definitely feels like a step or two up from that Vortex Crossfire II. Once sighted in, I’ll do some dim light hunting and see what I think of the illumination. Stay tuned and I’ll tell ya what I think over time.

I never planned to buy an Athlon scope, but here we are. So far, so good.
Posted By: TonyLama

Re: The Athlon showed up - 09/11/20 01:22 AM

Ive had really good luck with them. Let us know whatcha think!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: The Athlon showed up - 09/11/20 02:59 AM

should work out great

Re: The Athlon showed up - 09/11/20 03:21 PM

I like it so far. The rifle is sighted in, but I’m still looking for the magic load. The one I thought was right isn’t bad, but it isn’t the one. The scope has good solid clicks and the glass is very nice.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: The Athlon showed up - 09/11/20 04:01 PM

Glad you like it so far. My buddy got one a few months again and he loves it. Tracks well, good glass. Good luck finding the right load!
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: The Athlon showed up - 09/11/20 10:52 PM

I have an Athlon scope and 8x42 binos. both have been solid and well worth the price.

Re: The Athlon showed up - 09/13/20 02:04 PM

Been shooting with that new Athlon, and I do really like it. The BDC type reticle is thin enough to be good for shooting tiny target dots. The Illumination, at the lowest setting, doesn’t wash out or overpower the reticle in dim light. I mounted a red light under the barrel of the AR, and last night I went out on the front porch and put the red light on deer under the yard feeder (80 yards) and I put the illuminated reticle on the lowest setting. Perfect combination, giving me a great sight picture.

No problem with holding zero, but you might say that we are early in the game. Looks like money well spent.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum