Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone have a Trijicon Accupoint green dot?

Posted By: ntxtrapper

Anyone have a Trijicon Accupoint green dot? - 07/26/20 12:44 AM

Looking to get a Trijicon Accupoint standard duplex green dot for a varmint rifle and wondering what the green dot looks like at night. Is there anyway to adjust the brightness at night? Any knowledge would be appreciated.
Posted By: wtjim

Re: Anyone have a Trijicon Accupoint green dot? - 07/26/20 01:40 PM

I have several Accupoint scopes. I use them on all my hunting rifles. The "dot" is tritium lighted fiber optic that has an adjustable shade integrated into scope housing. The "dot" is visible but not distracting in low/no light. I find the Accupoint to be an intuitive hunting scope that is more efficient at getting off faster and more accurate shots in low/no light hunting conditions. Glass is really good and can clearly see well before or after most other scopes "fuzz" out in low/no light. My favorite is the 2.5-10X56 amber mil dot closely followed by 3-9X40 green mil dot.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Anyone have a Trijicon Accupoint green dot? - 07/26/20 05:11 PM

We have the green triangle, not dot.

At low light there is not much adjustment. The min brightness is a function of how bright the tritium piece stays lit. On accupoints, there is a fiber optic wire that connects the tritium part to a (not sure what to call it) a light absorbing "photocell." There's a piece that can block out this light absorbing opening. For example, closing this port on a bright day means I can NOT see the green triangle. So basically, at pitch dark night is the same as closing the port. That said, I think the brightness on the tritum triangle alone is at a great level. Bright enough to be seen at low light but not so bright it washes out the target. I've only done low light shooting with it, never full on night. Also i assume my low power 4x has something to do with it.
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Anyone have a Trijicon Accupoint green dot? - 07/26/20 09:15 PM

The Accupower has more illumination adjustment than the Accupoint. Basically the same scope, but the Accupower uses an LED to illuminate the reticle. I have the red illuminated duplex and I can turn it down low enough to use in the dark, or high enough to see in daylight.
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Anyone have a Trijicon Accupoint green dot? - 07/26/20 09:41 PM

Green dots are great except at dusk in foliage in my experience, then they are hard to see.

Re: Anyone have a Trijicon Accupoint green dot? - 07/26/20 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
The Accupower has more illumination adjustment than the Accupoint. Basically the same scope, but the Accupower uses an LED to illuminate the reticle. I have the red illuminated duplex and I can turn it down low enough to use in the dark, or high enough to see in daylight.

I'm done with battery powered scopes is why I'm looking at the Accupoint. It sounds like at night for varmint hunting, it should be fine. Thanks for the input folks.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Anyone have a Trijicon Accupoint green dot? - 07/26/20 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gravytrain
Green dots are great except at dusk in foliage in my experience, then they are hard to see.

^^Yup

And red illuminated is not so good for red spotlighting hogs and coyotes. Not sure about Trijicon, but there are several scope manufactures giving you both red and green illumination in one scope. Probably for exactly the reasons we mentioned.
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Anyone have a Trijicon Accupoint green dot? - 07/27/20 02:35 AM

I like the glass. I like the Green Dot. I don’t like how mine has Mil dot reticle and MOA turrets.

Re: Anyone have a Trijicon Accupoint green dot? - 07/27/20 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by RedSnake
I like the glass. I like the Green Dot. I don’t like how mine has Mil dot reticle and MOA turrets.

I just bought the 2.5-12.5X42 standard duplex with a green dot. I didn't like the mil dot reticle either when I saw some on YouTube.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TLew

Re: Anyone have a Trijicon Accupoint green dot? - 07/28/20 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by RedSnake

I just bought the 2.5-12.5X42 standard duplex with a green dot. I didn't like the mil dot reticle either when I saw some on YouTube.

[Linked Image]

I have that same scope but not duplex. I like it for what I use it on, don't think you'll be disappointed
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum