Texas Hunting Forum

Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56

Posted By: USMC89

Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56 - 05/29/20 08:43 PM

I really wanted a little more magnification but I found this scope with duplex crosshairs and illuminated reticle for $560.00. Thinking with the 56mm objective it should hold a good amount of light. Does anyone use this scope? And how is the price?
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56 - 05/29/20 08:49 PM

Price is great. Korean Redneck has that one and recommended it on your last thread. Trijicon Accupowers are great scopes. I have 3 or the 3-9x40s.
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56 - 05/29/20 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

Price is great. Korean Redneck has that one and recommended it on your last thread. Trijicon Accupowers are great scopes. I have 3 or the 3-9x40s.

+1
Posted By: cbump

Re: Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56 - 05/29/20 10:13 PM

I just can’t do the huge objectives.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56 - 05/31/20 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by cheetah577

+1

I, technically my wife, has one. It's on a larue mount for our ar's. I haven't hunted, only punching paper and steel. VERY clear. At the 10x, it's about as clear as my zeiss hd 3-15. Cant prove it but I assume 56mm is why this the clearest scope we have at low light. We have the mil based reticle and the dials are not as spot on as my swfa, especially past like 5 mils of dialing, but I don't really dial this thing either like I do my target scope.

I love ours. I'd really love to pair it with a 16" bolt action 308 as the most versatile rifle for me to have.

Re: Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56 - 05/31/20 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Korean Redneck
Originally Posted by cheetah577

+1

I, technically my wife, has one. It's on a larue mount for our ar's. I haven't hunted, only punching paper and steel. VERY clear. At the 10x, it's about as clear as my zeiss hd 3-15. Cant prove it but I assume 56mm is why this the clearest scope we have at low light. We have the mil based reticle and the dials are not as spot on as my swfa, especially past like 5 mils of dialing, but I don't really dial this thing either like I do my target scope.

I love ours. I'd really love to pair it with a 16" bolt action 308 as the most versatile rifle for me to have.

Thank you. I was looking at mounting it on a Tikka .308 but I found a Ruger I really like the look of. [Linked Image]
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56 - 05/31/20 10:14 PM

The price is great for a new one. If it's pre-owned, make sure you know what year it was made. Tritium has a 10 year half life. My night sights on my duty gun are totally dark after 25 years.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56 - 06/01/20 05:04 PM

USMC, I was totally thinking about getting my uncle that rifle and combine it with a 2.5-10x scope, very possibly this exact accupower. He recently is staring his retirement plan with a 50acre purchase. That that combo is figured is the most versatile.

Forgot to mention, it's lighter than what it looks. Having no parallax, a negative mark, does make it lighter.

Re: Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56 - 06/01/20 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Korean Redneck
USMC, I was totally thinking about getting my uncle that rifle and combine it with a 2.5-10x scope, very possibly this exact accupower. He recently is staring his retirement plan with a 50acre purchase. That that combo is figured is the most versatile.

Forgot to mention, it's lighter than what it looks. Having no parallax, a negative mark, does make it lighter.

I’m thinking it will be a great hunting setup myself. Just don’t much about this tiger gun line.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56 - 06/02/20 02:26 PM

Ruger gun line?

I've shot about four of them, for other people, in the last few years. With the right ammo, they dang sure shoot tight.

Buddy of mine has an American in 6.5 Creedmoor. I got it to print an inch at 200 yards. I'm seeing 1/2 MOA factory rifles becoming more then norm these days. Tikka, Ruger, Browning, Savage, Bergara just to name a few that have achieved that with the right hand load.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Trijicon accupower 2.5x10x56 - 06/02/20 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by cbump
I just can’t do the huge objectives.

Me either.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum