Texas Hunting Forum

Broken 2 scopes in the last week

Posted By: ChadTRG42

Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 05/21/20 03:56 PM

I have not seen any scopes have issues in a while. I bought a Vortex Razor HD Gen 1 5-25 as a package deal. It possibly had known scope issues, so I sent it off and Vortex confirmed the turrets had an issue. Then a buddy of mine running his high end AR-10 in 7-08 had been having some POI issues, which I knew something was wrong, just didn't know what. This weekend we were shooting, and his reticle turned sideways! It turned about 20 degrees to the left. Crazy. That was a Bushnell elite tactical 4.5-18x44, that special run scope that had the good deal a year or so ago. It's getting sent back. Now, time to throw on my ol reliable Nightforce!
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 05/21/20 04:06 PM

I have a Nikon scope that I discovered an issue with last month. When you turn the zoom ring, the whole reticle would rotate. Nikon is not currently accepting warranty returns because of Covid. It is getting replaced by a Burris...but that brings a whole different set of issues!
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 05/22/20 12:51 AM

I'm starting to think all those stories of bullet failures while hunting were just scope failures and they missed.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 05/22/20 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

I'm starting to think all those stories of bullet failures while hunting were just scope failures and they missed.

rock_on
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 05/22/20 12:39 PM

I have 2 of those Bushnell elite tactical scopes!!
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 05/22/20 07:39 PM

The reticle went sideways!!
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 05/22/20 09:48 PM

Crap happens! I just sent my new Steiner T5xi in for repair,It won't focus down range. Also had to call Gunwerks because my HUD in my Revic started shutting off when I fired the rifle. They sent me a new battery cap for it,said they had some issues with the spring that holds the battery in place being weak. The new cap showed up today,3 days after I called them. Great CS,I sure hope they get their financial issues in order. They make some great scopes and rangefinders.
Posted By: Roughneck913

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 05/23/20 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
I have a Nikon scope that I discovered an issue with last month. When you turn the zoom ring, the whole reticle would rotate. Nikon is not currently accepting warranty returns because of Covid. It is getting replaced by a Burris...but that brings a whole different set of issues!

Nikon is also stopping all manufacturing of rifle scopes. Im curios what that will do to the warrant-ability of the scopes already out there
Posted By: splash556

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 06/24/20 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
....................................... Now, time to throw on my ol reliable Nightforce!

^^^^^ You've provided your own best solution ^^^^^

I've haven't taken mine off in years. Used year round and to this day never had any issues. Maybe one of the few manufacturers (of any product) that I am brand loyal to.
Posted By: MIROPHAN

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 06/24/20 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

I had the same issue with a Nikon scope. Fortunately, I got mine repaired last year. I am also interested to see what happens now that they don't make scopes anymore.
Posted By: Crews

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 07/01/20 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

And if it wasn't a scope failure it was a "I cut corners on the mounting system" failure.
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 07/01/20 04:17 PM

I’ve had trouble with many brands. And I’ve also slaughtered a lot of hogs with cheap scopes and with vortex scopes with no problems. Comes with the territory.
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Broken 2 scopes in the last week - 07/03/20 02:54 PM

I'm a fan of SWFA scopes, especially their fixed power 6x and 10x.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum