Texas Hunting Forum

Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread

Posted By: unclebubba

Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 03:36 AM

Sorry Pertnear, stole your thread title. I have been eyeballing this deal on SWFA. Burris 3-15x50 Veracity FFP and a 4.5-14x42 fullfield e1 SFP for $649. I have seen the Veracity by itself for $750, so my thought is that I can get two scopes for the price of one. The Veracity would go on a Remington 788 in 308, and I may put the fullfield on a 300BLK. Maybe something else. Don't know yet.
https://www.swfa.com/burris-3-15x50-veracity-4-5-14x42-fullfield-e1-riflescopes.html?___SID=U

Then I saw a Bushnell 4-16x44 Nitro FFP regularly 599 on sale for only 299. Anybody know anythign about this one? I have heard some guys talk about the high end Bushys being very good. Is this one in that category? I don't need a scope for the 300 BLK. It has a red dot and works just fine. If I spent half the money, it would make my wife happier....but would I be happy?
https://www.swfa.com/bushnell-4-16x44-nitro-30mm-rifle-scope-1.html?___SID=U
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 03:38 AM

That’s not a top Bushnell. You want your Bushnell made in Japan

Bushnell elite series
Posted By: Roughneck913

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law

Bushnell elite series

Agreed. When people say high-end Bushnell (which is sort of an oxymoron), they usually mean the Elite Tactical series. the Nitro line is not that. But that does look like a good price for it. Must be redoing the line or discontinuing that model for some other reason

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law

Bushnell elite series

That's kinda what I was thinking. What about the Burris? Did they package the two together because the fullfield is a piece of junk and they were trying to get rid of them?
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 10:14 AM

The fullfield E1 is actually a very good hunting scope for the money. The link says discontinued. Which one, or both?

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 12:30 PM

I can find the exact same Veracity...for 729. I can not find the exact same fullfield, but I can find one similar for 219.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 01:40 PM

The Bushnell Nitro scopes are made in Korea, the Elite Tacticals are made in Japan. We have Nitro's, LRTS's and DMR II's all on sale
Posted By: Judd

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 01:50 PM

At that price range I think I'm going to try a US Optics TS-12x. I have zero use for a 30 or near 30 ounce scope. Their older stuff was really good and they are attempting to rebrand themselves a bit. Matter of fact, I'm going to order one this week....you were the inspiration I needed UB wink.

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
At that price range I think I'm going to try a US Optics TS-12x. I have zero use for a 30 or near 30 ounce scope. Their older stuff was really good and they are attempting to rebrand themselves a bit. Matter of fact, I'm going to order one this week....you were the inspiration I needed UB wink.

Hmmmm....that looks interesting! I had not thought about weight. 25 oz on the Burris. 18 oz on that us optics one.

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 04:28 PM

Anybody else have anything to say about us optics TS-12x?
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 06:11 PM

That Bushnell 4-16x44 Nitro FFP looks like it would be an outstanding 22lr scope as the parallax adjusts down to 10 yds.

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/22/20 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Judd

Upon researching, that model is made in China!
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 04/23/20 03:45 AM

I'd rather buy one $750 scope than two $375 scopes. Scopes in the sub-$500 range just aren't very good.
Posted By: McKinneyHusker

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 05/03/20 05:59 PM

Check out Arken Optics, USA made with Japanese glass. Quality scopes at a price that will make your wallet and wife happy. Am waiting for their 4-16x50 compact to come back in stock. Have no connection to them, just found them via research on the web.

https://arkenopticsusa.com
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 05/03/20 08:32 PM

Arken is just another marketer of Chinese made scopes. Nothing new. There's a thread over on snipershide that verifies everthing. Some guys have been waiting months for their Chinese made scope to ship.
Posted By: McKinneyHusker

Re: Redundancy. another what scope to buy thread - 05/03/20 09:31 PM

Jgraider, Thanks for the heads up on Arken.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum