Texas Hunting Forum

Scope Mounting Help(DFW Area)

Posted By: NTX_DuckHunter

Scope Mounting Help(DFW Area) - 02/16/20 03:52 AM

As my name states, I'm not much of a big game hunter these days so I'm a little lost on rifles. I need to get scope mounted on a new rifle. I have the base and rings, I would just prefer to have a professional mount and bore sight the scope. I live on the east side of DFW and work in the Plano/Richardson area so somewhere around there would be nice but not necessarily a must. Who do y'all recommend?

also, if this is the wrong forum on here to ask this, please slap me then move it
Posted By: ryguy23

Re: Scope Mounting Help(DFW Area) - 02/16/20 04:42 AM

Cabelas in Allen has worked fine for me. Bore sighting is to be on paper at 25yds , 50 tops. They’ve met that expectation each time. You may recheck everything with blue loctite depending on the recoil of the rifle.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Scope Mounting Help(DFW Area) - 02/16/20 04:55 AM

PM FiremanJG on here. You’re in the same area he frequents
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Scope Mounting Help(DFW Area) - 02/16/20 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by NTX_DuckHunter
As my name states, I'm not much of a big game hunter these days so I'm a little lost on rifles. I need to get scope mounted on a new rifle. I have the base and rings, I would just prefer to have a professional mount and bore sight the scope. I live on the east side of DFW and work in the Plano/Richardson area so somewhere around there would be nice but not necessarily a must. Who do y'all recommend?

also, if this is the wrong forum on here to ask this, please slap me then move it

Tell us about your hardware: the rifle, mount, rings and scope. Most of us do it ourselves, and have the tools (torque wrench) to loan or wouldn't mind helping you.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Scope Mounting Help(DFW Area) - 02/16/20 01:42 PM

Holler if I can help.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum