Texas Hunting Forum

Trijicon 2020 Offerings

Posted By: scottfromdallas

Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/20/20 12:04 AM

I've mentioned several times that I don't think there is a better 3-9x40 for the money that the Trijicon AccuPower. I have 3 of them with Mil-Square reticles.

Trijicon dramatically expanded their AccuPower lineup this year and catagorized them in different lines Huron, Ascent, Creedo & TenMile.

Looks like they are all made in Japan.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/2020-products

Posted By: wp75169

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/20/20 12:12 AM

I have saw you mention that several times but I don’t recall you mentioning why. I have no experience with them. Care to elaborate?
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/20/20 12:28 AM

I like the 3-9x40 because it has a great reticle, excellent glass, capped turrets that finger reset to zero. They track well and they are light at 17 oz. This is a hunting scope not meant for constant dialing. The Mil-Square has hashes at .5 mil increments and little squares at 1 mil increments so its good for elevation holds with any caliber. It's 2nd focal plane which makes the most sense to me in a 3-9. You can choose a traditional duplex, Mil or MOA reticles with matching turrets. You can choose red of green illumination.

I picked all three on mine up for $462 each at Sports Optics. I believe they are now $492.

I like the SWFA 3-9 but I prefer the Trijicon more for a hunting scope. I prefer capped turrets, second focal plane. I like the glass better in the Trijicon and illumination is a plus.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/20/20 01:48 AM

I have no doubt the glass is great, as well as the reticle.

I really would like to try the tracking on one. The 2.5-10X I have a job for.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/20/20 02:24 AM

I’m curious if the glass is different on the creedo vs the accupower 1-8

The accupower are going on sale as they are being discontinued
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/20/20 03:17 AM

I spent about an hour in their booth at Dsc show. I was really impressed with the Tenmile
Offerings. If they track they have some really solid products I was quite impressed with. I have looked at a lot of glass lately and almost bought one.
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/20/20 03:36 AM

Buddy just got a 3-9 back from Trijicon that wouldn’t hold zero. Seemed to be a good scope but tried it on several known shooter rifles and nada.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/20/20 09:10 AM

Well, nothing exciting in the thermal realm. bang
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/20/20 11:23 AM

I hope their renaming doesn’t cause the confusion it did with Nikon scopes. I’ve always known Trijicon to be a solid product, even without having any experience with them they have a solid reputation.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/21/20 04:57 AM

Their new Rangefinder that dopes your wind at 100 yard increments sounds promising.... although I think it only dopes wind to 500 yds
Posted By: dee

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/21/20 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by DStroud
Their new Rangefinder that dopes your wind at 100 yard increments sounds promising.... although I think it only dopes wind to 500 yds

I thought it was really neat when that initially dropped but was pretty depressed when I read 500yds. I guess for someone new it's pretty innovative but doping wildcat 500 isn't typically a challenge.
Posted By: Crews

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/22/20 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG

I'm monogamous when it comes to scopes so I'll keep my ATACR....... but I've always thought 2.5-10x56 would be just lovely for a dedicated hunting scope. And I ain't mad at their mil reticle in a SFP scope at 10x.... it's got illumination, a floating center dot, and 0.5 hash marks for wind holds. I'm sure the glass is very serviceable. Only drawback is >14" long and 27oz, so she's a pretty hefty ole' gal. Can't have everything for that price.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/22/20 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by dee
Originally Posted by DStroud

I thought it was really neat when that initially dropped but was pretty depressed when I read 500yds. I guess for someone new it's pretty innovative but doping wildcat 500 isn't typically a challenge.

Neat indeed, and then I saw it in person. Dang thing is massive in size. There is no place for it in my backpack that’s for sure.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Trijicon 2020 Offerings - 01/22/20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Crews
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

I'm monogamous when it comes to scopes so I'll keep my ATACR....... but I've always thought 2.5-10x56 would be just lovely for a dedicated hunting scope. And I ain't mad at their mil reticle in a SFP scope at 10x.... it's got illumination, a floating center dot, and 0.5 hash marks for wind holds. I'm sure the glass is very serviceable. Only drawback is >14" long and 27oz, so she's a pretty hefty ole' gal. Can't have everything for that price.

Agreed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum