Texas Hunting Forum

Need bino harness for Leica Geovid

Posted By: wsjaxIV

Need bino harness for Leica Geovid - 01/12/20 10:49 PM

I recently bought the Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-B 3000 Rangefinder binoculars. After researching here and online, I am wondering if I need to avoid a binocular harness that has a magnetic closure because these binoculars have an electronic component. Can anyone advise if this is a valid concern?

Many thanks.
Posted By: bobsumner

Re: Need bino harness for Leica Geovid - 01/13/20 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by wsjaxIV
I recently bought the Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-B 3000 Rangefinder binoculars. After researching here and online, I am wondering if I need to avoid a binocular harness that has a magnetic closure because these binoculars have an electronic component. Can anyone advise if this is a valid concern?

Many thanks.

I have not noticed any issue with mine, nor did my guide this fall.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Need bino harness for Leica Geovid - 01/13/20 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by wsjaxIV

Many thanks.

The Magnet won’t mess with it. Now if you are using a compass make sure and hold it away from magnets, your phone also

Re: Need bino harness for Leica Geovid - 01/13/20 01:44 PM

Good deal. Thanks, guys.
Posted By: bobsumner

Re: Need bino harness for Leica Geovid - 01/15/20 05:45 PM

Does not bother mine one bit so far.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Need bino harness for Leica Geovid - 01/16/20 04:01 PM

OP--

How do you feel about those Geovids? Have you had them in the field??

I looked through a pair at DSC- but it's hard to make a call indoors. I'd be hard pressed to give up my Swaro EL 12x50s, which are especially handy to get on a tripod with the outdoorsman adapter.

Do the Leica RF binos have a tripod mount or is the only option that big strap on (no pun intended) mount for the tripod??

Re: Need bino harness for Leica Geovid - 01/16/20 06:59 PM

I have not used them in the field yet - just played around with them a bit in the back yard. I had Leupold 10x42 binos and a Sig rangefinder so I stepped up quite a bit in equipment. I will have to look again to see if they can be attached to a tripod.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum