Texas Hunting Forum

A.R.M.S. QD Scope Rings

Posted By: Korean Redneck

A.R.M.S. QD Scope Rings - 01/02/20 03:19 PM

Anyone have any experience with A.R.M.S. QD Scope Rings?

http://armsmounts.com/shop/scope-rings/a-r-m-s-22-throw-lever-rings-low/

I was convinced by some here to switch to a system of multiple rifles for just a small quantity of scopes. But the caveat was to have good rings. Fast forward, I've deployed this successfully getting Badger, 1/2" nut. rings but this always requires a tool. I've been wanting a QD option that is low enough for bolt guns without breaking the bank. This seems to fit the bill so I was wondering if anyone has any real world experience.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: A.R.M.S. QD Scope Rings - 01/02/20 04:48 PM

Those look ghetto

Probably a reason nobody has really heard of them
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: A.R.M.S. QD Scope Rings - 01/02/20 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Those look ghetto

Probably a reason nobody has really heard of them

They pioneered the free float rail for the M4. Many military rifles have been equipped with ARMS rails and mounts.

I have those rings on my Contender. No POI changes when I take it off and put it back on.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: A.R.M.S. QD Scope Rings - 01/03/20 12:54 AM

1/2" wrench, or a Crescent wrench isn't too hard to come up with for men.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: A.R.M.S. QD Scope Rings - 01/03/20 05:17 AM

Atlantic Research Marketing Systems aka A.R.M.S. is top notch and has had many previous and current military contacts for production. Most gun enthusiast don't know about them because they make their product to function flawlessly for the military, rather than to look pretty for the civilian market.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: A.R.M.S. QD Scope Rings - 01/03/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
1/2" wrench, or a Crescent wrench isn't too hard to come up with for men.

Well I must not be a real man then. OR, I'm a man who's a little tired of carrying around tools sometimes like a knuckle draggin brute who needs a visit to a mustachery. And presuming this product is as advertised, which apparently ARMS is a reputable company from what little info I have found on them, then I figured it's a nice option instead of brutishly carrying around or searching for man tools. Oh and by the way, they're cheaper than your beloved Badger rings, with or without the cost of any tool. HATER!

Haha, seriously though I've liked having one scope designated for multiple rifles as introduced by u to me and I love my Badger one piece with the 1/2" nut for my target scope. But I also really like my la rue mounts for my ar scope, which have performed the task equally as well. Now I want a hunting scope with the same idea for multiple rifles. I started seeing what other Badger equivalents (1/2" nut with an all steel design) were out there for a lower price and came across this. Btw, the result of my search is almost nothing except some company called PRI (precision reflex). Everything thing else was slightly to alot more.

Thought this was a good option for my criteria since I figured my hunting scope will be smaller profile so i was looking for low height rings too. Thx for the feedback NTX. It was hard to get more info on their products and usage. Not much info out there but I have heard and read their products get mentioned in the same breath as the ACOG, for example their flip down FSB.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: A.R.M.S. QD Scope Rings - 01/03/20 02:20 PM

I've got tools in my truck, in my range bag, in my shooting/hunting pack, really everywhere. So saying it is too difficult to come up with a wrench is lost on me.

The main thing that has always concerned me with throw lever is do they torque down the same every time? Many guys have said no they do not. And many guys have said the only ones they will trust is LaRue.

There are two other ring options with the hex nut, and both are aluminum.

1. Night Force ultralite rings
2. Talley Tactical rings.

And I don't have any 6 screw, they are all 4 screw and work day in and day out.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum