Texas Hunting Forum

Leica or Swarovski

Posted By: tShawnB

Leica or Swarovski - 11/21/19 06:36 PM

I'm looking at going to a range finding bino and need to figure out which is best, the Swaro 10x42 EL Range or the Leica 10x42 Geovid. I'm sure they're both good but if anyone has any feedback on either I'd appreciate it. I can almost guarantee Santa Clause will be bring me a pair of one of these for Xmas.
Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/21/19 06:38 PM

If you are bow-hunting, I wouldn't go with the EL Range. The minimum distance is 33 yards. Which is a disadvantage for many bow hunters.
The Leica's have a minimum distance of 20 yards.

If you are just using them for everything else, then I would suggest flipping a coin. Both are excellent.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/21/19 06:45 PM

I got the Leica GeoVids 10x42 HD-B 2200 from Doug at Camerland...and it was a game changer for me! Love them! Can't say enough good things about them.
There is obviously a newer version, but haven't held those yet.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/21/19 07:43 PM

I LOVE my Lecias
Having said that, I checked out a guys; Swaros, excellent as expected.
The Swaros were lighter and this guy lives in Alaska and does 2 week self supported Dall sheep hunts every year.. ounces are pounds as they say
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/21/19 08:51 PM

I would go with the Swarovskis.

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/21/19 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Skylar Mac
If you are bow-hunting, I wouldn't go with the EL Range. The minimum distance is 33 yards. Which is a disadvantage for many bow hunters.
The Leica's have a minimum distance of 20 yards.

If you are just using them for everything else, then I would suggest flipping a coin. Both are excellent.

I do bow hunt and didn't know that about the Swaros. Leica may win on that alone.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/22/19 03:24 PM

You really should use each one before buying.

I know the glass will be outstanding in both of them. The speed and accuracy of the laser should be compared in both. The size of the aiming point should be compared (and Swaro aiming point is way too big for my taste). And does one or both of them angle compensate? I do not believe the Swaro does, but check me on that.
Posted By: bobsumner

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/22/19 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
You really should use each one before buying.

I know the glass will be outstanding in both of them. The speed and accuracy of the laser should be compared in both. The size of the aiming point should be compared (and Swaro aiming point is way too big for my taste). And does one or both of them angle compensate? I do not believe the Swaro does, but check me on that.

I have looked and ranged out of both on the same hunt... I don't remember on the co-sine, I was using my ballistic calculator as I was at 500+ yards. Both were great units, I think the Leica provides a little bit more QPR than Swaro. Either one is rockstar.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/25/19 06:08 AM

Had both, still have the Leica. Swarovski was stolen. Now, I just take my Bushnell, it is not nearly as good but it works well enough and I do not worry about loosing it.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/25/19 04:53 PM

I will say this about the Leica, it has a huge depth of field... meaning you aren't constantly having to micro adjust the focus while glassing
no eye fatigue..

I have ranged calfs at 1800 yards offhand and individual deer in a field at 3-500 yards quickly and easily.

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/27/19 02:53 PM

Just bought the Leica's from Camera Land. Black Friday sale $1000 bucks off. I'll review after I use them a bit.

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/28/19 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by tShawnB
Just bought the Leica's from Camera Land. Black Friday sale $1000 bucks off. I'll review after I use them a bit.

As did I.... Can't wait to use them.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/28/19 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by bobsumner
Originally Posted by tShawnB

As did I.... Can't wait to use them.

X3....
Posted By: wsjaxIV

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 11/28/19 08:51 PM

x4... Can't wait. Thanks Doug!

Re: Leica or Swarovski - 12/02/19 11:45 PM

and they have arrived. Thanks Doug!

Now for the important question. I am part of the way through on the manual, can you import a custom table into the bino's? The docs look like you must use the Leica Ballistic tool which does not allow me to choose a FFP Mil-Dot reticle that I can see yet.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum