Texas Hunting Forum

Shout-Out to Burris

Posted By: mikei

Shout-Out to Burris - 09/04/19 03:24 PM

I had an old (discontinued several years ago) Burris scope that I mounted on my Ruger 77/44. When I tried to adjust windage, it would not move the crosshairs at all. I called Burris, fearing that they would not be interested in repairing an old scope, much less covering it under their "lifetime warranty." The nice person on the phone assured me that they would be glad to fix it, at no charge. Issued me an RMA number and I dropped it in the mail to them. A few days late I got a "receipt" note from them; a couple of weeks later I got a note saying that it was repaired and on its way back to me. My only charge was for shipping the scope to them. Very happy with Burris Optics Customer Service!
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: Shout-Out to Burris - 09/04/19 03:40 PM

Wow man that is awesome! Maybe I'll ship my old 80s redfields in and see what happens
Posted By: mikei

Re: Shout-Out to Burris - 09/04/19 08:24 PM

All you have to do, Dustin, is call them and get them to issue you an RMA for your scopes, pack 'em up and ship them to the address they provide you on the RMA. You pay shipping to them; they pay return shipping, and no charge for the work they will do on them!
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Shout-Out to Burris - 09/05/19 10:16 AM

I'll be honest that I don't know what Burris was like a decade ago, but Vortex has forced the entire industry to up their game on customer service and it's really benefitted the customer a bunch.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Shout-Out to Burris - 09/05/19 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by patriot07
I'll be honest that I don't know what Burris was like a decade ago, but Vortex has forced the entire industry to up their game on customer service and it's really benefitted the customer a bunch.

True.

And today Burris builds a better scope than Vortex. One that is less likely to break down in the first place.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Shout-Out to Burris - 09/05/19 12:52 PM

I wonder how many times more vortex optics there are in use than compared to some of the names they are commonly compared to? I wonder how many of their repairs come from their various levels of scopes.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum