Texas Hunting Forum

Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun

Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/30/19 03:54 PM

What y'all using? Tactical Cowboy, tell me something.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/30/19 04:03 PM

I’m running a Leupold Delta Point Pro on my CZ Scorpion. I like the wake on movement feature. One thing I’ve noticed though is there isn’t a lot of mounting options for the DPP.

I’ll be running micro dots on everything from this point forward handgun or long gun. Love the small foot print the micro dots take up. But if run one on a long gun I’d definitely get the smallest dot size they manufacture offers. The dot on my scorpion covers the target at 50 yards. It is a triangle reticle so I could sight it in for just the tip but ain’t nobody got time for dat.

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/30/19 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
I’m running a Leupold Delta Point Pro on my CZ Scorpion. I like the wake on movement feature. One thing I’ve noticed though is there isn’t a lot of mounting options for the DPP.

I’ll be running micro dots on everything from this point forward handgun or long gun. Love the small foot print the micro dots take up. But if run one on a long gun I’d definitely get the smallest dot size they manufacture offers. The dot on my scorpion covers the target at 50 yards. It is a triangle reticle so I could sight it in for just the tip but ain’t nobody got time for dat.

Out of that whole paragraph, all I read was "just the tip."
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/30/19 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
Originally Posted by KRoyal

Out of that whole paragraph, all I read was "just the tip."

Lol figured you’d catch that.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/30/19 05:33 PM

I bought a Trijicon RMR from Kyle. You're welcome to come try it. I'd let it go to you for what I bought it from Kyle. I think it's too nice and too expensive for the job it is doing.

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/30/19 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
I bought a Trijicon RMR from Kyle. You're welcome to come try it. I'd let it go to you for what I bought it from Kyle. I think it's too nice and too expensive for the job it is doing.

Sweet. I'll meet you at the range one day next week and check it out. Me and Tiger need to get data on or rimfire ammo anyway.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/31/19 03:11 AM

I'm running a Leupold DPP on a G34. My first foray into pistol optics but so far so good!
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/31/19 03:40 PM

Have a Burris FF3 and a Vortex Venom that have both done time on my Glock G40. So far, so good. Did have to send the Vortex back for repair (shocker) when it would not adjust vertically right out of the box.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/31/19 05:08 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/31/19 05:20 PM

I have a FF3 in a Burris dovetail mount on my G17. I am on my second one so far—the emitter cracked on my first one (I think I banged it into something) and Burris replaced it for free. Quick turnaround too, I might add.

Sig has the Romeo 3 Max that might be worth a look. The glass is supposed to be huge.

What are you wanting to do with the dot? If it’s for carry/defense, be ready to spend a lot of time practicing draws and watching the dot when you’re shooting.

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/31/19 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy
I have a FF3 in a Burris dovetail mount on my G17. I am on my second one so far—the emitter cracked on my first one (I think I banged it into something) and Burris replaced it for free. Quick turnaround too, I might add.

Sig has the Romeo 3 Max that might be worth a look. The glass is supposed to be huge.

What are you wanting to do with the dot? If it’s for carry/defense, be ready to spend a lot of time practicing draws and watching the dot when you’re shooting.

I knew you'd have some experience in that arena. I'm mounting the sight on my Five Seven for fun. I'm sure I'll carry it in the woods too. No gunslinger stuff.

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/31/19 07:01 PM

I knew you'd have some experience in that arena. I'm mounting the sight on my Five Seven for fun. I'm sure I'll carry it in the woods too. No gunslinger stuff.

That oughtta be FUN!!

What is your budget?

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/31/19 09:59 PM

That oughtta be FUN!!

What is your budget?

I already bought the mount, so probably a couple hundred bucks. The FF3 is looking good.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 05/31/19 11:31 PM

Trijicon then Leupold
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 06/03/19 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Trijicon then Leupold

word

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 06/05/19 05:11 PM

Glass on the trijicon is tiny.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 06/05/19 07:14 PM

My only experience is with a Romeo1 on a P320rx. It's a lot of fun.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 06/06/19 12:21 PM

I really like my Romeo5. Great red dot for around 100.00.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 06/07/19 03:26 AM

You must only shoot at giant targets.

Re: Red Dot/Reflex Sight for Handgun - 06/07/19 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG

You must only shoot at giant targets.

It’s more about finding the dot quickly and tracking the dot while shooting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum